Thread: Memorial Day Weekend (May 25-27): Can I tag along?

Memorial Day Weekend (May 25-27): Can I tag along?

Although it's still a little early yet I want to at least throw some feelers out there for memorial day weekend. I'm looking to tag along with a group trying to escape the crowds on memorial day weekend and doing some canyoneering outside of Zion as it's likely to be a zoo. Anybody headed to Swell or the Roost?

I'm looking for a reasonably experienced group of safety conscious folks looking for some adventure. I'll be flying into Vegas Friday afternoon, picking up some provisions and then I can meet just about anywhere.

A little about me: I'm 28 years old, fit, and fast. I've done several weeks of canyoneering since I fell in love with the sport a year ago February. My canyon portfolio: Behunin, Mystery, Echo, Pine Creek, Spry, Subway X 2 + Das Boot, Keyhole X infinity, Imlay (Sneak), Neon, Ringtail, Egypt 3.

I'm in the 6.5 hr club for SubwayXDas boot (Car to Car) and the 30 minute club in Keyhole Cyn. :)

I'm safety driven, cautious, logical, and thirsty for some more canyoneering! I've got exposure (albeit it minimal) to pothole escape in Ringtail and Imlay. I can bring 200ft rap line, 200ft pull line, 100ft 8.3mm Imlay Gear fire-rope, hooks, potshots, hand-drill for safety, bolts if need-be.

-Erik B. (ebernhoft@hotmail.com)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Who knew? there are canyoneering clubs for doing canyons in certain times! LOL

That is a pretty good list of canyons for one year of canyoneering experience! looks like 2012 was a good year for ya!
    CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

Quote Originally Posted by ebernhoft View Post
    trying to escape the crowds on memorial day weekend and doing some canyoneering outside of Zion as it's likely to be a zoo.
    Oooh. There's this little town on the other side of the state called Moab, there are some great little canyons and we were there a few weeks ago: the area was deserted. It's just hitting the radar though, so get in before everyone hears about this place.

We'll be out and about for sure, you're welcome to join. Email sent.