Thread: Moab: Warm Enough to Get Wet?

Moab: Warm Enough to Get Wet?

We're headed to Moab this weekend and I wanted to try a few new canyons.

1. Do ya'll think it's Cameltoe is a good idea without suits?
    2. How much for Entrajo? Unless the answer is 3/2 it's probably a no-go.
    3. I'd also appreciate any updated info on general Moab canyon conditions, specifically Elephant Butte (the snow and ice looked fun, but...)

I'll start: We we down three weeks ago and found Krill and Lomatium dry with snow at the first rap in Lomatium. Also found U-turn to have significant snow/ice in the 'bowl'. All three were quite nice.

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Cameltoe almost never requires wetsuits. Even in winter you can wade through the short pool.

PS, it's supposed to be 76F in Moab this weekend:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...84532%2C%20USA
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Blog Entries
    How about this - which ones have you done?
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    How about this - which ones have you done?
    Pretty much all of them except the ones listed above. I have yet to do Granary or Pleiades, but those aren't an option for this weekend.

Based on Scott's comment (thanks!) it looks like Cameltoe is a go, but I'd still love some feedback on Entrajo cold water protection.

Just went though all those this past week the pool at Cameltoe is only waist deep and Entrajo has on short swimmer though ice but puts you back in the sun in less than 5 we didn't use wetsuits. Name:  72485_10151522310010519_580080833_n.jpg
Views: 3590
Size:  99.6 KB

We did Entajo, Cameltoe, Pool Arch, Granary, Big Horn, and Dragonfly this past week. I posted one pic and am to lazy to post others so id you want to check out condidtions here is a link. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?.../photos_albums

7. Likes burley liked this post
    Thanks Bretoyce and Scott for the responses.

We did both Cameltoe and Entrajo on Saturday and found both to be short and sweet hikes. We didn't take wetsuits and were happy about that decision. A quick walk after the pools was sufficient to keep us warm. No pics

cameltoe i think in march ,just stripped naked scream swim and out ,
    the other one I think cluster ...not remeber much water just at the end (no nakedness there there are people possibly close by, just bikini/speedo and same thing very quick in an out to the dry clothes in the dry bag!