Thread: Adobe Swale/Monoxide

Adobe Swale/Monoxide

Contemplating heading toward Adobe Swale and/or Monoxide this weekend. Haven't seen any recent postings on Candition.com. Anybody have a recent condition report for that area?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by peakbaggers View Post
    Contemplating heading toward Adobe Swale and/or Monoxide this weekend. Haven't seen any recent postings on Candition.com. Anybody have a recent condition report for that area?
    I did Adobe Swale late Fall, and it had a lot of cold water in there. I imagine it tends to hold water for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaineer View Post
    I did Adobe Swale late Fall, and it had a lot of cold water in there. I imagine it tends to hold water for awhile.
    Mountaineer: I saw your report. If I remember right, you tried to take your family through - and it sounded very full. That's why I'm checking & hoping the water is more like Shane's site report and only waist deep at best. Maybe it's drained out some since then, but don't want to be caught unprepared.

Quote Originally Posted by peakbaggers View Post
    Mountaineer: I saw your report. If I remember right, you tried to take your family through - and it sounded very full. That's why I'm checking & hoping the water is more like Shane's site report and only waist deep at best. Maybe it's drained out some since then, but don't want to be caught unprepared.
    Yes. We backed out as the kids got really cold. However, my son and I went back through (much better prepared with wetsuits), and had no problems. The last rap has a deadman, so using a lot of friction down is important.

I recommend taking wetsuits, and you should be OK.

Have fun, we may also be out that way again this weekend. ;-)

Completed this route on Sunday, March 17. Found it entirely dry. From the top of the long rappel, our group rapped to the second pothole, pulled the rope, then used a sandtrap to finish to the third pothole. The last rappel was anchored from another deadman. Replaced a section of webbing there. Almost all downclimb sections below last required rappel we found pre-rigged with rope or sling, but all can be downclimbed with care.

Hi Peack bagger,
    was nice to do a canyon with you and your wife this weekend
    just to add
    if doing adobe swale get bunch of webbing to extend the anchor for the last person so the rope does not get caught!!!!

We saw you pulling away! Two vehicles, just leaving the exit trail head Sunday about 5. My wife and I were hiking up after finishing Burr (very challenging). Just missed you, hopefully will catch you for a hello next time.

Glad you found it dry and had fun. It is a nice canyon. Bit of a grunt on the return.

is burr the one with the silo up the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by hesse15 View Post
    is burr the one with the silo up the ground?
    Yes, it has a couple.

We saw you pulling away! Two vehicles, just leaving the exit trail head
    AWWWWW! I was one of the getaway drivers! Shucks Mark, we would have liked to meet you.

Saw your TR. Looks like you had an exciting day.
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post
    AWWWWW! I was one of the getaway drivers! Shucks Mark, we would have liked to meet you.

Saw your TR. Looks like you had an exciting day.
    Shoot! A near miss. I'm sure we'll cross paths soon though.

Yes, it has a couple.
    yeah was one of those that smiling and posing for pictures doing the moves was not that easy!!!!!! and is not very bikini or dog friendly Attachment 64435Name:  1.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  31.4 KB

14. Likes Mountaineer liked this post