Thread: Hot day in the dusty reaches of Southern Utah

Hot day in the dusty reaches of Southern Utah

First off I feel guilty even calling this a trip report but seems things are a changing. (hint hint) but could find no other place to call this with this prefix:

So I get a call from Garbanzo the other day and he tells me that his son has a Baseball bash this weekend.
    He tells me He is bringing his Busa or what's left of it and wants to get a ride in if only a day or afternoon.
    So I'm like well hell yes.
    We headed out to a little single track that is somewhat close.
    The temps in ST. George at 3:00pm says it's 78* but out here in the cliffs and rock it was maybe 83* and felt very close to a hundred I swear.
    Not a breeze to be found to offset all that sweating.
    Dusty as all get out but I did not mind at all being in the lead and knowing the trail.

A great day out and thanks Garbo I had a blast.

I did not take the Go Pro but I think Garbanzo grabbed a few picts.
    Gave me a chance to try out my new stabilizer and I will take it up a half click after todays ride.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

You luckee bastards. Where are the pixxxx?

I'll let Garbo get that done and if your really nice to him he may tell you about the burnt fuse, the boiling gas, and the half hour split that makes every trip a memory
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

We are some lucky bastards indeed

I just can't wait to see what Moab brings:D

On a bit of a side note: I started the day with brand new radiator shrouds and they aint new no more.

This is the only picture I took.

Forgot the go pro.:confused:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    I'll let Garbo get that done and if your really nice to him he may tell you about the burnt fuse, the boiling gas, and the half hour split that makes every trip a memory
    Well it wouldn't be me without some stupid pet tricks, right?
    Took off the gas cap while it was hissing and yep, it was a gas geyser! Pretty cool if you ask me. No fire though. That kinda sucked. Also blew a fuse. No biggie, just replaced it. And got lost for about 20 minutes. Looked down for a sec and Seeker was gone. No clue where he went.
    Ah, the joys. I tried to pack as many antics as I could in a small ride. I feel good about it. :D

Fantastic ride today bro.
    We need to do this more often and remember that dam snow is going to come off the High country up there before long.

That's right daddyo

By the way Garbo my gas was boing too.
    I had the same hissing noises but I did not release my fuel cap.
    I Thaught maybe I was low on antifreeze but it was all good to my suprise.

That trail was just plain tough at the time with the temps.
    The fan did come on 2 maybe 3 times but when we hit the boiling point it did not mutter a single sound if I remember right.

I never knew you could boil gas.
    New one on me.

Craziest shit I have ever seen and I'll have to rethink the 103* plus rides after this one.

I wonder if this blue tri star stuff is invovled?

Lay off the double cheeseburgers boys.

Acca? Beech? can we get a "you suck" smilie created for times like these?

Talking about boiling, Layton Cycle just got in some new NASA anti freeze. It is waterless and it has a boiling point of something like 400 degrees. Pretty pricey but suppose to be the bomb.

I went to that zip tye stuff that is about the same. Designed for racing and not cheap.$40 a half gln.
    But it was the gasoline that was boiling and I have never seen that one.

The fuel boiling is nothing new to the 70 degree engine. Love the bike, but the heat is a killer. I like the idea of the NASA stuff. :D

I don't think either of us boiled out any anti-freeze and my fan only came on a few times which is a good feeling in itself.