Thread: Swell canyon project- Thurs 3/21

Swell canyon project- Thurs 3/21

I have been eyeing a canyon in the San Rafael Swell that is very much obscure. It contains what looks to be a short slot (maybe two), and some technical canyoneering as well. I would be shocked if someone hasn't done it, but I guessing it's MUCH more off the map that most canyons. I'm a bit unsure of what exactly to expect in there, the upper head of the canyon has several short tributaries that all look to be cliffed out, deep and steep. None of my group owns a 300' rope so we're not sure what to expect with a couple of 60 m ropes. Is anyone going to be in the Swell next week that might be interested in looking at this? I can't say we're a go for a full descent but we will definitely get out and have a look and see what we can see. Obviously if we can find a way in, we'll do it, but scouting is the name of the game first. We will be in Utah doing various things out of Green River from Wed-Sun next week, but I'm trying to eye Thursday the 21st as our day to do this, if the weather holds. It's in the center part of the Swell, by the way....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries
    I know Scott P has explored some obscure slots in the swell, such as Engima.

He could probably give you a good scoop for that area.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"