Thread: GS Riding in Southern Utah

GS Riding in Southern Utah

It looks like I'll be down there this weekend on my big bike. I just cant pass up on this weather. @Mtnseeker1, @2065toyota, @Deathcricket or anyone else recommend any scenic dirt road that we can ride. What would you recommend. I have done toroweap, is it passable? Should be... I'd rather not do an out and back though. Would also prefer something a little more scenic along the road kinda thing.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

How is Toroweep in the summer? I'd like to check it out when I'm at Hovenweep, or maybe I'll try it in April when I'm in S Utah on 'vacation' if summer is too hot.
    Charlie...
    Stalking Light

Quote Originally Posted by cchoc View Post
    How is Toroweep in the summer? I'd like to check it out when I'm at Hovenweep, or maybe I'll try it in April when I'm in S Utah on 'vacation' if summer is too hot.
    Toroweep is cool. If you haven't done it, its a must I think. There are several trip reports on here from that stretch. One of them is mine when I rode it a few years back.

5. Likes cchoc liked this post
    Thanks. I'm thinking about driving out in my FJ and AT Chaser trailer in April, then maybe take the bike back there this summer.
    Charlie...
    Stalking Light

Here is my report: http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...(Grand-Canyon)

There are a whole list of others. Boy was that a long time ago!

8. Likes cchoc liked this post
    If you get off I15 at Leeds and head up like your going to Yankee Doodle, that rounds goes all the way around the base of Pine Valley Mtn and you can come out at St George or continue on further around to diamond valley/veyo area. There are also lots of side roads there also.

Gooseberry Mesa is good but its pretty short

Black Rock from St George to Mesquite is good although I'm not sure if all the snow is melted off.

head west out of Bloomington and you can work your way up and over Utah hill to state road 18 then back to st George on south to beaver dam.

head west to motoqua and can loop over to ententerprise

many more options

Slab to St.George, bloomington to Toroweap, North to Pipe Springs Monument, Over to Kanab, and up 89 to 12 then around to Boulder and over Boulder Mtn to Torrey.

Wish I was going...

Shoot head down and I'll drag your ass over to NV. Via through the rez. and over through the creek and up the mtn. on big bike friendly stuff and we can check out that new off road park just up the highway From Caliente if you're willing? And can bare with my little 500 with fresh street tags.
    May be some mud and some snow on the north face stuff up high but a great ride.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

I think they call this off road area Chief Mountain and there is tons of Silver State GPS tracks for this one but it may be a bit muddy right now
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

I think Dbl Moo has the real part of this GS looking at you and I've done this in a truck and is a most excellent ride for sure.
    But if you get the urge for the off beaten trails let me know.

But then again this is why I bought the 6.3 super tanker for my XR650R when I had it.

I don't suppose your dad is ready to part with his Giant Loop he had for his KTM do you?

Thanks for the suggestions. I need to look these up on a map if I can find the time... We will prolly wander down 89 on Friday afternoon and through Zion perhaps.

Saturday morning we'll be in STG and do a loop somewhere, followed by wandering back home Saturday afternoon.

Let me know if your doing some slow stuff. I'm set up very soft right now and any real highway stuff and my bike will have a fit

Zion Canyon is slow.

Yeah this will be slow scenic easy going stuff on this trip...

This weekend?
    I may need to think a different tire. I've already rounded this new IRC inside 22 miles.
    But then again like Garbo told me " Dude your just to whiskey throttle minded" I love to throttle over ditches and bumps and things of this nature. You know in the dirt.
    I'm convinced that it smooths the trail out for me.
    I hear Kinda has a great little dirt tire DOT friendly 720 that holds it's own pretty good for tare mac?

I spooned a 606 on my BRP once and swore I would never ever do that again.

I may be in for some of this ride around here if that is cool?

Garbo is so freakin cool he just happened to set my sorry ass up with two really nice mirrors that just need bar clamps and I think I may have them and if not this is an easy fix If I hurry.

If I pulled my head out of my arse for just a second I'd put the mirrors on and an enduro tire that will double for moab trip in 3 weeks.

And save my new IRC for the dirt stuff.

Your Right acca and if it were me on a big bike I think i'd go for the visual tour (escalate-bouldr and beyond) this time of year.
    The temps are perefect for this run. Nice and cool when it should be hot as hell in a month or two. Not to much traffic I hope but it is spring break so who knows?

THere is some bad ass roads that skirt between UT an CO up the east side of the state but most will be snow covered right now. and a long way between gas and food and all dirt.