Thread: Early Weed Bench

Early Weed Bench

Anyone been out there lately? I'm curious about the condition of the road, especially the bad spots (washouts) about a mile or so from the big parking lot at the end.

Last time I was there was in '09, and those spots were barley passable even in my truck...

This is the "Trailhead" for Scorpion Gulch and upper Brimstone...I'm thinking about hitting it next month.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bumpage...Bumparoni...Bumparocka, Bumparolla....

What the heck? No one's been out there lately? Jeez, maybe I should go over to that OTHER canyon site for beta, eh? Oh well...I'm going there in a couple weeks and when I return, I'll come back here to tell all of YOU so called locals what the deal is. With pictures, of course.

I know that not many drive over there, but I didn't think it would be this thin around here.

I was there in October and it was relatively in good condition. You needed high clearance but I don't remember putting SUV in 4WD. There was a few places the road was totally washed out but someone made a new one. Much could have changed between now and then. Scorpion was a long hike to get there but pretty awesome once there!

Hey THANKS man!!! It sounds like it's in the same shape as last time I was there...the "detours" around the washouts were just getting started. It appears the county running a grader out there isn't going to happen? It's good to know I don't have to park a mile further out, as that hill top parking is a great camping spot.

I'll be using the Scorpion horse trail to access George's Camp, up to Prima Donna and over to Fold Canyon...a big loop, and a favorite. Thanks again.