look at this post

[post removed]
    Last edited by yetigonecrazy; 03-10-2013 at 04:32 PM. Reason: nincompoopery

2. Likes ratagonia liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by yetigonecrazy View Post
    has anyone ever been here?

But not where youd think it is.... There is also more where this came from.
    Nope, haven't been there. I'm guessing it is by Trinidad, CO, based on the purgatorie.jpg image name.

No disrespect Yeti, but that drainage doesn't look all that interesting. Am I missing something? Seems like your other finds were of much better quality- and I mean that as a compliment.
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

I guess they don't always have to be glamour slots for me to get excited. There is a good looking crack in the drainage above, and there's lots of others around. The thought of someplace radical got me going, should have reeled it in, my bad.

And yes, it is in the Purgatoire River drainage, east of Trinidad. There is a good slice of exposed Entrada out there, and there looks like a lot of possible short cracks.

I should have realized if it's not another Heaps then it isn't worth mentioning on the board. Sorry to waste your guy's time. I'll quietly withdraw and move along.

I should have realized if it's not another Heaps then it isn't worth mentioning on the board. Sorry to waste your guy's time. I'll quietly withdraw and move along.

It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I should have realized if it's not another Heaps then it isn't worth mentioning on the board.
    ?

Shoot man, I'm always stoked by a map post. My question was not facetious at all, I honestly thought that I was missing something... I did not see a convincing slot running north-south on the image. Thought maybe you would show us a better angle, or more of that drainage, to add to the stoke.

Based on your Capitol Reef finds, I think you have a good eye. If you find something that looks interesting, by all means, post away!
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

I just figured the beta police got to you via PM...

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I just figured the beta police got to you via PM...

That's what I thought too.

Hollywood aint got nothin' on the Bogley Canyoneering forum.

Hey man, if you want to go check it out, I'll go with ya. Just say when...
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

I was expecting to find something funny in this thread...

Blog | FB

13. Likes Deathcricket, rockgremlin liked this post
    No, no beta police. Just not worthy of your attention. There aren't any 300 foot big wall rappels or mae west sections or X rated silos. So I took it down instead of boring people.

Blog Entries
    No, no beta police. Just not worthy of your attention. There aren't any 300 foot big wall rappels or mae west sections or X rated silos. So I took it down instead of boring people.
    No boredom here...post away!
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 2065toyota View Post
    X2

More martyrdom than 6,000 mother-in-laws and Jesus Christ all rolled up into one!

18. Likes deagol liked this post
    You can post the weak stuff.... for the girly canyons we put 50 pounds of sand in our packs and only use 4mm accessory cord to rappel on because we are so awesome. If it's snowing we do the canyon barefoot because we are manly men.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    X2

More martyrdom than 6,000 mother-in-laws and Jesus Christ all rolled up into one!
    Its not the beta police, its responses like this, and attitudes like this that made me take it down. Not sure where the martyr comment came from.....kind of a jackass thing to say really, just like the eyeroll......I thought we were all agreeing on playing fair and having respect, but, lesson learned. No more useless posts from me.

I make lots of useless posts (not saying at all that yours was). I would also prefer you to continue to do so.

I came here expecting this only slot related. But thread still delivered.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

23. Likes rockgremlin, 2065toyota liked this post
    Even the ugly girls... eer... I mean canyons... need some lovin'...

I submit this thread name be changed to "Don't look at this post".
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

26. Likes oldno7, rockgremlin liked this post