Thread: Carrie Fisher Confirms She Will Be Back As Princess Leia In Star Wars Episode V

Carrie Fisher Confirms She Will Be Back As Princess Leia In Star Wars Episode V

Okay thoughts...is Disney going to muck this up???

--

In mid-February we learned of heavy rumors that Harrison Ford would be reprising his role as Han Solo in Star Wars Episode VII, but today's big Star Wars casting news story comes with a bit more weight considering it's a direct confirmation from the actor.

Palm Beach Illustrated recently had the chance to interview Carrie Fisher, known to sci-fi fans around the universe as Princess Leia Organa, and during the course of their chat the actress confirmed that she will be back for the seventh film in the Star Wars saga. Below is the direct transcript from their conversation:
    Disney is going to continue the Star Wars saga, producing movies set to hit theaters starting in 2015. Can you confirm whether you

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

this sounds really pathetic

I'm a Star Wars fan...at least of the first three. the second batch sucked. I have to say though, where does Episode V fall within the series? If it's AFTER the Ewok movie, then it would probably be alright to have Han, Leia and Luke there as mentors to some younger Jedi types fighting all new bad guys. If it's BEFORE Phantom Menace then I don't know how they'll make that work?

One of you super geeks wanna clarify this for me?

EDIT: I just checked, Episode V was The Empire Strikes Back...wait, Episode Vll? What the hell is going on?
    Last edited by Byron; 03-06-2013 at 09:15 PM. Reason: confirmation of my own question only to become even more confused
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Bogley BigShot
    It worked with Star Trek, but the newest one out with newer actors was WAY better! I think it's a mistake to go with the old guys too.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    I'm a Star Wars fan...at least of the first three. the second batch sucked. I have to say though, where does Episode V fall within the series? If it's AFTER the Ewok movie, then it would probably be alright to have Han, Leia and Luke there as mentors to some younger Jedi types fighting all new bad guys. If it's BEFORE Phantom Menace then I don't know how they'll make that work?

One of you super geeks wanna clarify this for me?

EDIT: I just checked, Episode V was The Empire Strikes Back...wait, Episode Vll? What the hell is going on?
    lucas for a long time has had a story line for 3 before and 3 after the original series. lots of sources for it. I have a book with a bit of the timeline of it somewhere and yes han and leia have jedi kids

I could care less about what actors they use. I'm actually pretty excited to hear J.J. Abrams is directing it. Cloverfield was brilliant and I am in complete love with his work on the new Star Trek films. The most recent is my absolute fav. That being said the last (most recent) 3 Star Wars movies have been absolute crap. I'm amazed they did as well as they did, especially using Jar Jar Binks. It's probably the absolute genius of the 1st 3 keeping this series even alive. Hopefully J.J. Abrams can bring the "original" greatness back. There are some great graphic novel stories about Boba Fett and such, hoping they use that as source materials.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Okay thoughts...is Disney going to muck this up???
    It doesn't matter. They own it now and can do what they want with it. If you don't want to see the movies, then don't see them.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Geriatric Star Wars.. NICE!
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce