Thread: Newb report! Hoping to find rappelling groups!

Newb report! Hoping to find rappelling groups!

Hey All,

Basic Intro: I'm into just about anything that can be done outdoors, except ice-fishing brrr!!! Recently was introduced to rappelling and I'm HOOKED!! A group of friends from California were kind enough to let me tag along on their Keyhole and Yankee Doodle trips. AWESOME! I've gone out and purchased some gear for my husband and I and we are looking to get started.

I'm hoping to find other groups to let us tag along for some experience. I'm keen on safety and I think actual trips with experienced folks will be our best resource to get started. If anyone doesn't mind a couple of tag-alongs on any trips around the St. George, Utah area let me know! Looking forward to being a member :)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Welcome to Bogley. You need to post this request in the canyoneering section and you will probably get some positive results. Also watch the canyoneering section for general invites. Good luck.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

For sure! Our group is going to Cougar cliffs in about half hour 3:30-4:00ish if you want to join us. Cougar cliffs is about 2-3 miles up the street from chuckwalla on the left, not sure how familiar you are with saint george. I'll be the dude with the red mohawk and prob easy to spot. It's a nice 180 footer and perfect to learn on. Join us!
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Seriously?! Awwwwww STINKY we are both stuck at work! I work from home so it makes slacking fairly easy - no networks to bind this girl in! Let me see if I can figure out PMs and I'll send you my # Maybe next time you are heading out to a beginner trail you could give me a heads up? He's in Car Sales so his schedule is all over the place, I work from home so I have some flexibility. It's hard to really say outside of Sundays when both of us, or even either one of us, are available to head out. I really want to get him out, he hasn't gone at all but I know he'll love it. Chuckwalla is just up the street from my house! I'm so jealous right now!!

7. Likes Deathcricket liked this post
    Hi Lena, welcome to Bogley, Theres lots of great info here. Our 1st trip is in April if the weather is decent. We have a permit for Mystery Canyon on Saturday April 27, 2013.