Thread: 2/21/12 - Eagle Point (first time)

Blog Entries

2/21/12 - Eagle Point (first time)

This year, Eagle Mountain (near Beaver, Utah) has skii free Thursdays. I was planning for this day for awhile, but then as fortune has it, I was asked to be "on-call" for work that weekend as well as train a new employee. Suck!

Fortunately, my buddy Jeff Guest and a few of our friends were able to still go.

Here is there Video TR if you will:

Quoting from the Youtube Video:
    "Me and a few friends decided to check out Eagle Point Ski Resort located near Beaver Utah since we had never been there before. It is and interesting mountain and is quite unique from other ski resorts in Utah. One of the differences being you can't really get from the bottom of the mountain to the top again with a lift. You need to take the free bus back to the very top. The other unique feature of Eagle Point is they LOVE their locals Including locals from Utah, Nevada, and California! Those people get special privileges on certain days such as free skiing! But you better hurry because I don't know how long the free lift ticket days will last! I would suggest to stay away from their restaurant at the bottom of the mountain. The food is super expensive as you would expect from any resort, but their food is Terrible! You have been warned! Other than that there were no lift lines and the snow was great!

I used a GoScope telescoping stick with my HERO3 on the end recording on 1080p at 60fps. Get your GoScope now at http://go-scope.com/?ecommerce=go-scope."
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

2. Likes blueeyes liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Ha!! I love the food comment. We have been twice and headed there again tomorrow. Yes the food is not good. For anyone in St. George you can ride a bus on up for $40 bucks that includes your pass on Saturday. I wish I could get Thursdays off because I would be there every Thursday if I could.
    Chere'

Awesome man, nicely done.

Cool, I'd like to check this place out sometime. How do you think the snow will be in about 3 weeks during Spring Break?

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Cool, I'd like to check this place out sometime. How do you think the snow will be in about 3 weeks during Spring Break?
    Honestly have no clue. They have a 50" base and elevation between 9,000 and 10,000. Today is the last day I will ski this season. But that is three more days than last year!!
    Chere'

I keep forgetting it's that high!