Thread: Drug usage in students

Drug usage in students

We all know about the drugs and its harm in our life. But i was reading an article on the internet and found that a great number of students are found to be addicted to drugs more then the others. What do you think about that. Where as i have seen though in high school most of the teens like to smoke cigarette but now they like to smoke marijuana more.
    Certificate IV in Training and Assessment

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I think it's a healthy trend. Marijuana is safer than cigarettes.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

My high school days were '79 to '82. Back then, nearly everyone was, or had smoked pot. This was southern California.

Not just pot, but there was a lot of Cocaine and caffeine pills...Qualudes, downers, pep pills, speed, LSD, mushrooms. Some people I knew made quite a regular habit of it...most didn't. I don't think it's such a big deal, as humans have been getting looped on one substance or another for millennia. The only one that really concerns me is Meth...that crap is pure poison.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

6. Likes ratagonia liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    My high school days were '79 to '82. Back then, nearly everyone was, or had smoked pot. This was southern California.

Not just pot, but there was a lot of Cocaine and caffeine pills...Qualudes, downers, pep pills, speed, LSD, mushrooms. Some people I knew made quite a regular habit of it...most didn't. I don't think it's such a big deal, as humans have been getting looped on one substance or another for millennia. The only one that really concerns me is Meth...that crap is pure poison.
    Indeed true, Just forgot to mention in post.

The only one that really concerns me is Meth...that crap is pure poison.
    Add some of the new designer drugs to the list of scary crap.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

speaking from the sad wisdom of personal hindsight if your child acts unreasonably, get him to a counselor and get him drug tested.

...Qualudes...

"Let's do 'ludes and get laid."

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    "Let's do 'ludes and get laid."
    Yeah, 'ludes were the thing you didn't take yourself...you would give one to a girl you fancied and then just kinda...hung around I know, terrible, isn't it? But it takes two to tango and there's no shame in being in close proximity when "the moment is right". They pretty much disappeared when Ecstasy came along.

It's amazing how out of control most of us are when we're young. I never had any kids, but I always figured that as long as they're not hooked on anything and/or the cops aren't coming around then things should be fine. From the outside looking in, it seems like once they hit the teenage years you lose a great deal of control and just have to cross your fingers...the kind of friends they have, I think, says a lot.

Yeah, 'ludes were the thing you didn't take yourself...you would give one to a girl you fancied and then just kinda...hung around I know, terrible, isn't it? But it takes two to tango and there's no shame in being in close proximity when "the moment is right".
    Ambien works for that sort of thing as well.

It's amazing how out of control most of us are when we're young.
    I think I must still be young then...

Quote Originally Posted by boom View Post
    In these days, I think there is really lots of students who are involving in drugs just because of bad society, social probs and other anxiety problems. Which needs to be cure with proper channels by Govt, media and the guardians.
    That's an outstanding observation...I think I'll spark a bowl and contemplate it.

Had to share this...

Quote Originally Posted by boom View Post
    In these days, I think there is really lots of students who are involving in drugs just because of bad society, social probs and other anxiety problems. Which needs to be cure with proper channels by Govt, media and the guardians.

Are you referring to the same Guardians that sometimes will claim your life in Halo?

Heroin: Manufactured by Bayer in the late 1800's - early 1900's