Thread: Best March Slots with NO Water

Best March Slots with NO Water

What are they? List em here....
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Isn't "Best" and "No Water" a contradiction?

Quote Originally Posted by tcott View Post
    Only in the summer when its hot. I love the leprechaun slots and never seen water in them, but I've only done mid twice and the right fork once and never in winter so YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    What are they? List em here....
    Wuss...

Mommy he's being mean

Quote Originally Posted by tcott View Post

YES....in the summertime tho.

Having to plan for water and then freezing my ass off both in and out of the water, at the campsite, on the trail, etc etc etc = No Phun for the Rockgremlun

North Wash was a great suggestion, thanks,

YES....in the summertime tho.

How about Baptist/Upper Chute?
    ;-)

Hard to promise no water in any slot. I've seen chest deep water in leprechaun, waist deep in blarney, swimming in baptist. I've also done Pine Creek without getting my shoes wet... it just depends.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    How about Baptist/Upper Chute?
    ;-)
    <Baptist draw to Upper Chute rant hat on>
    I've done that three times, and every single time there has been the greaziest, stankiest, pus-oozingest, orangutang assiest, spitooniest, wrenchingest, water in two distinct places. And the only way through was by swimming. There are tricky ways to bypass them, but the penalty points are pretty high if you screw up. Seriously, that water had a film of green ooze that hissed as you broke it's surface - releasing the most nauseating odor that even God couldn't conceive of. It's possible that the 'holes are frozen, but I don't wanna chance it. I dragged the Boglites through it once back in 2005 or somthin' -- ya'll remember?
    <Baptist draw to Upper Chute rant hat off>

I love that this is a 5 star thread.

14. Likes ratagonia liked this post
    We have never had any water in any of the Angel Slots on the Dirty Devil. They are short and sweet and a blast

Funny every time I have done baptist it has been bone dry!

Not sure they would be dry. BUT. I like the roost area...white roost, north fork, little white roost, pasture....BUT. It is the luck of the draw I guess...

<Baptist draw to Upper Chute rant hat on>
    I've done that three times, and every single time there has been the greaziest, stankiest, pus-oozingest, orangutang assiest, spitooniest, wrenchingest, water in two distinct places. And the only way through was by swimming. There are tricky ways to bypass them, but the penalty points are pretty high if you screw up. Seriously, that water had a film of green ooze that hissed as you broke it's surface - releasing the most nauseating odor that even God couldn't conceive of. It's possible that the 'holes are frozen, but I don't wanna chance it. I dragged the Boglites through it once back in 2005 or somthin' -- ya'll remember?
    <Baptist draw to Upper Chute rant hat off>

Good times for sure, needed a life jacket though! With @FOX, @fourtycal, @DaveOU812.

Trip Report here, check out all the swimmers! http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19970

Let's do a trip this year!

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Good times for sure, needed a life jacket though! With @FOX , @fourtycal , @DaveOU812 .

Trip Report here, check out all the swimmers! http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19970

Let's do a trip this year!
    That was a great trip -- one of the best I've ever done. You were the documentin' machine!

We need another one like that this year. Anyone wanna make suggestions for another Bogley trip like this? Personally I'd like to do the Upper Chute again, but via Baptist Draw this time, which includes an 80' rap. Other suggestions might be Quandary and/or Knotted Rope. The Squeeze too is an option, but it might be a little intense for some.

Discuss...

I'd do that one again for sure. I thought it was great!

I just now saw this.....I would love to do another run at a slot, especially if theres and 80' rappel.