Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another crazy rope swing video

I guess I got fooled by great acting... Looking forward to seeing more of these vidz.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xxnitsuaxx View Post
    Nahh. The kid's my brother. Before she even got harnessed in she asked Creighton to push her if it looked like she wasn't going to jump on her own. Devin played it up for the video but that was the plan all along (and she was happy that he did it). They broke up a month and a half later for completely unrelated reasons.
    Random question - so that means you know Treft then?! Treft grew up in my neighborhood.

If you remember me and buddy met you as you were about to do Heaps as we were waiting in the backcountry line for mystery canyon permits.

Small world...
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

You're a Davis County kid? Treft is a great guy - one of the funniest people I know.

And I remember meeting you at the permit window. About 18 hours later when half my crew had food poisoning and we still weren't through Heaps, I remember being jealous of wherever you guys were at the time because it definitely had to be better than where I was.
    You May All Go To Hell And I Will Go To Texas

They broke up a month and a half later for completely unrelated reasons.
    Trust issues.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Nahh. The kid's my brother. Before she even got harnessed in she asked Creighton to push her if it looked like she wasn't going to jump on her own. Devin played it up for the video but that was the plan all along (and she was happy that he did it). They broke up a month and a half later for completely unrelated reasons.
    Glad this came up because I always get confused. Are you guys saying that if the girl changes her mind, its ok to do it anyway? I am confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Below is the 2010 video. I think the biggest difference is the GoPro camera. GoPro's have really changed the way we film stuff and really help take you into the middle of the action.
    so where are all the tech Brian and Tom about the braking point of those ropes?
    usually bungy jumping they use special ropes, but in the video they look like normal statics ropes!!!!
    somebody mentioned Darwin?

Quote Originally Posted by hesse15 View Post
    but in the video they look like normal statics ropes!!!!
    somebody mentioned Darwin?
    I'm thinking they are dynamic climbing ropes.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I'm thinking they are dynamic climbing ropes.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3
    Most def

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC View Post
    Big rope swings are so 1998...

RIP Dan...

FWIW: The first time I ever saw one of these arch rope swings was in 1998. They had one set up in Wild Horse Window in the San Rafael Swell where they were jumping off the top of the arch. That swing is mild by some of the big stuff I'm seeing lately, but I thought it was pretty cool when I first saw it.

I dimly recall seeing a video of Catherine Destivelle on a rope swing on I think Wilson Arch south of Moab probably from the late 80's.