Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you carry with you when mtb'ing

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    Have you guys tried Elete Electrolytes? No flavor doesn't take much to put in your water and for the most part no taste. I love it. I can't stand the sweetness of power-aid and similar junk.
    I like it, gives your drink a little sodium twist. Sarah Kaufmann gave me some one of the times we ran into each other on the trail.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    I like it, gives your drink a little sodium twist. Sarah Kaufmann gave me some one of the times we ran into each other on the trail.
    You can add it to your Mountain Dew!
    Chere'

4. Likes Ryan liked this post
    I carry my hydration pack, cell phone, chain tool, extra SRAM powerlink, spare tube, mini inflator, multitool with allen wrenches, and usually my GoPro with a couple mounts. I started carrying the powerlink and chain tool after busting a couple derailleurs and having to single speed it back in..otherwise I would have been hoofing it 7 miles on Thunder Mountain in Red Canyon. Not fun.
    Mountain guy trapped in the wetlands of Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Dust repellant!
    Especially if you're following behind Beech!!!

9. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred72 View Post
    Especially if you're following behind Beech!!!
    OH SNAP
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I don't follow...
    OH SNAP

Do any of you carry a Knife and fire starters/ survival stuff? First aid? Emergency blanket and such? Butter fly bandages?
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    I usually have my little gerber knife. Typically the trails are at most 15 miles or less for a quick after work ride or even a Sat ride so the likely hood of being stuck out there and spending the night is pretty slim. When I do ride by myself I tell someone exactly what trail I am on, direction I am riding and time I should be back, if I am not back you had better be on your way to find me because if I can't walk out or call there is more wrong then any first aid or emergency blanket could fix. And like I said still thinking about that small first aid kit. Maybe this year will be the first time I finally put one in my pack.
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    Do any of you carry a Knife and fire starters/ survival stuff? First aid? Emergency blanket and such? Butter fly bandages?
    Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes....(how many yesses was that...?)

I carry a small Gerber knife, firestarter with waterproof matches. Both very small and don't really weigh much.
    I have a first aid kit with bandaids and the usual small stuff (I highly recommend small, sharp tweezers as well). My butterfly bandaids in there have come in handy twice in the last two years. My leftover Lortab and lots of Ibuprofin have come in handy as well.

I also used my emergency blanket for a downed rider last fall while we were waiting for S&R.

Bottom line for me is that I would much rather be over-prepared than under-prepared. All of the above mentioned stuff weighs hardly anything. You put it in the bottom of your hydration pack and forget about it until you need it. My S&R experience last year prompted me to add an ACE bandage as well as a couple of decent sized sterile guaze pads. Depending on your level of caution, a pair of rubber gloves wouldn't be a terrible idea either.

14. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    I carry a crowbar sometimes when I feel like Mark is going to fall over and needs help getting out of his clipless pedals

16. Likes blueeyes liked this post