Thread: Office Decoration Suggestions

Office Decoration Suggestions

I have an office and it is pretty empty. Every time someone walks into my office they comment on my needing to decorate it. I was going to go with some Mario Wall Decals, but my wife thinks that everyone is then going to ask me if I am a huge Mario fan, and I'm not.
    Name:  514ePe2u2OL.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  45.4 KB

Do you guys have any suggestions for how to decorate my office? This is what it currently looks like:

From the Door:

2nd Corner:

3rd Corner:

4th Corner:

I want something fun that I will enjoy. People will like but will not necessarily want to make people hang out in my office :).
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

hmmm.... If it was me I would toss up battle axes and half naked elves...

for sure a couple pics of the family, they make you happy.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

4. Likes DOSS liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    half naked elves...
    +1 for the half naked elves, or fully naked if you want to go the extra mile!
    Riverside Mountain Rescue Unit
    http://www.rmru.org/

Personal Website
    http://www.DrunkRedDragon.com/adventures.htm

6. Likes Deathcricket liked this post
    Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    What's your favorite sports team? This is what hangs in my office (except for now since most of my stuff is in cold storage!).

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

I'm close to the same boat. Here's my 2 cents.

Wildlife/scenic calandar, some books (especially ones that make you look supersmart e.g. research books), a small white board (makes it looks like you need to change things often, you're on the move), a cork board (easy to hang up things), any degrees/certificates, nine jump drives scattered throughout the desk, a plant, pictures of the misses and you on any trips, pictures of the kids, any sports gear (i.e. my large Seahawks mug sits right behind me and holds my pens), an outdoors magazine sitting on your desk buried amongst the papers, and most of all, any of your childrens artwork.

9. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Not knowing what you do, this is just standard advice....& I agree, that office needs decorating! Keep it professional, which means no Mario. I'd get some foliage in that place, maybe a tree in the corner or something, even if it's fake. I'd do a few plants. Sticking with stuff that you enjoy, photos related to your hobbies ect, is easy and makes it a little personal, without getting too personal..... You could also do prop stuff, meaning if you love skiing, you could put a ski on the wall....or a flyrod, golf club ect....

11. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I had paintings and framed family photos, along with my collection of technical credentials/degrees. I also had a wall of militaria including a US Flag..
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

13. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Love seat
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

15. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Some time ago I found a company that could make wall-paper from a photo. That results in the possibility of having a personal picture blown up to epic size. I was playing with that idea, having a great canyon-picture covering a whole wall. Possibly integrate it with some real plants hanging or standing in front of the picture.

I can't find the site I found earlier anymore, however this one also shows the same idea:

http://www.printbig.com/wall-murals.html

Ciao!

17. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    How bout' a browse through the photo section and look for some that would look good wall sized. Talk with the photographer to grab a copy of the original and hang away. A few HDR's would be pretty awesome.

If it was me I'd keep the office very professional. You never know who will visit your office or where your next big opportunity will come from.

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

20. Likes JP, Eric Holden, DiscGo liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I work for a Fortune 500 company with over 4000 employees here in SLC and I'm a network guy so I have seen many cubes and offices.

The ones that stick out are the messy ones where it seems like people are eating graham crackers right over their keyboard and if you hold up their keyboard to one side and then the other side, it sounds like a rainmaker. Eww

I'm like Shane and keep it professional. I've seen a lot of cubes with a lot of personal stuff (which is great and fun too look at) but it gives me the impression that they focus on personal more than their work time. As a team lead, they are not looked upon to highly.

A few photos of family and kids are just fine! It shows that you have other responsibilities and that you can handle them!

Outdoor pics show me that you have a life outside of work and that you are not a workaholic.

My cube has my degree hanging up, a fully loaded small fridge (so co-workers are always dropping by and saying hi and asking for treats or a beverage.

I also filing cabinet and coat closet to keep things organized. I try to keep the desk as clutter free as possible so I can maximize my workspace area.

I also brought in speakers from home with a small sub - gotta have tunes bro.

What else...like its been said before - a plant/small tree (even fake) adds variety to the grayness of the cubes.

Oh...also I have one or two blow up pics (20x24")that I rotate monthly from my canyoneering adventures. It's a convo starter for sure.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

New MacBook Pro? Retina? Touch

23. Likes DiscGo liked this post