Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheesesteak Thread

Cheesesteak Thread

My favorite hot sandwich has to be a Cheesesteak .

I have been on a quest for years to find the best. Wherever I go I always try to find diners that makes a "Philly" or "cheesteak".

What is your favorite? Authentic Philly or not, chain or dive, Provolone or Cheese Whiz, lets hear it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

One place I have been visiting for years is Joni's Deli, 52 E 1700 S in Salt Lake.

Comes with steak or chicken, creamy cheese, onions, peppers, Mushrooms on a fresh roll. It's a great one!

Name:  photo (1).jpg
Views: 294
Size:  62.4 KB

Moochies http://www.moochiesmeatballs.com/moochies.htm makes a pretty mean sandwich. I have only had their meatballs but I hear the other stuff is awesome as well.
    So, Kid, you think you got what it takes to be a Punch King?

5. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Tel me where and when and I'll be there.

I like the Moochies cheesesteak fairly well, but they skimp a bit on the beef. Have to try the Jonis version.

Left Fork Grill occasionally has one as a special that's worthwhile too.

Cugino's Special Steak with mixed peppers!! Oh Baby!!!
    http://cuginosrestaurant.com/steambo...alian-menu.htm
    A wee bit of a ride for you guys, all the way to Steamboat. You could always ski while you're here.

+1 for Moochies!!

Had a cheesesteak @ the Harley Davidson Cafe in Vegas last Thursday... total shit - shouldn't have expected anything different from the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by double moo View Post
    +1 for Moochies!!

Had a cheesesteak @ the Harley Davidson Cafe in Vegas last Thursday... total shit - shouldn't have expected anything different from the brand.

An old classic - Steak and Everything from the Italian Place. It has been around a long time. It is a dive for sure but for me the perfect combination of meat, onions, peppers, tomatoes, cheese and particularly salt and pepper.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    An old classic - Steak and Everything from the Italian Place. It has been around a long time. It is a dive for sure but for me the perfect combination of meat, onions, peppers, tomatoes, cheese and particularly salt and pepper.
    Agreed on this place! I was bummed that the one in American Fork closed down. On the bright side, a J Dawgs took its place!

Subway.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    Subway.
    I just left there...

Today I tried "Salt City Cheesesteak" 1005 E Fort Union Blvd.
    www.saltcitycheesesteaks.com
    I had the Classic steak and my wife had the Chicken Philly. Bread was fresh and very good, steak was great, fries were awesome and the Jalapeno sauce on the side was great. on a 1-10 it was an 8.
    Just my personal opinion, Better than Moochies but not as good as Joni's

Name:  P2150023 (1024x768).jpg
Views: 257
Size:  58.4 KB

Now we got pictures too!

I was going to try Joni's, but they're closed on Saturday. Still, other errands took me out towards Salt City Cheesesteaks, so I gave them a try. It's a pretty good cheese steak and good fries.

Come east. Cheese with.

Name:  home.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  64.9 KB

I went to a Phillies home baseball game several years ago. Got a philly at the Stadium and it was surprisingly one of the best I've had. They only served it with cheese whiz, said anything else and it wasn't a true philly.

Sent from my SPH-L900

East Coast Subs http://eastcoastsubsutah.com/

I have been a regular for years.
    Fries are the best!
    Cheesesteak is very good. Not exactly authentic Philly but worth the trip for sure.

Name:  photo (2).jpg
Views: 227
Size:  59.1 KB

I've eaten at the originals in Phili and Moochies and the Philadelphian here on SLC, but my preference here is DP Cheesesteaks...it is good.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Name:  POP's Philly Steaks.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  20.0 KB
    Good Cheesesteak in Vegas
    http://www.popscheesesteaks.com
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!

2008 V2K Classic LT
    2004 Toyota Tacoma
    Schwinn Homegrown
    CouchSurfing
    Patriot Guard Riders