Thread: Canyoning "Whungee Wheengee Canyon" Blue Mountains Australia

Canyoning "Whungee Wheengee Canyon" Blue Mountains Australia

Whungee Wheengee Canyon, don't let the name fool you. it is a long and exhausting canyon to go by. Really fun, but a wetsuit is a must. Water is ice cold, mainly right after Australian Winter. The canyon has sights that are impossible to get too any other way but canyoning. It is wonderful. Unfortunately I could not take as many pictures as I wanted too. I even missed the "glow worm cave" pictures. You go into the canyon and reach this "cave" by passing through a small underwater tunnel. You look up in total darkness and seem to have green stars all around you. A sight to behold. Plus many others. Highly recommended.
    Attached Images Attached Images                   

2. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks for the TR from down under. I'm currently looking out my window at 12" of snow so the canyon fix is much appreciated.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

5. Likes tylerhirshfeld liked this post
    Sure, don't mention it. 12" of snow... I'm looking at 40 degree (Celsius) weather. talk about extreme situations.

Awesome TR! Looks like a blast and nice deep water to float down is always the best.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Blog Entries
    That is cool! Water canyons = best!

Thanks for sharing your side with us USA guys!
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Water canyons are the best!!! very refreshing and fun. Too bad not in Oz anymore, but I'm in Honduras now, and will keep things posted for canyons here. It is more or less uncharted territory for canyoning. So we'll see.

Nice report!