Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2013 BYU Football

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Big difference.... Keeton can throw the ball and so far Hill has yet to prove he can. Hills passing numbers last night were atrocious and with a can't miss running game your passing numbers should at least be mediocre.

Texas never loaded the box and forced the pass.... Texas never moved a safety up as a spy on Hill. Utah will not make those mistakes.... if Utah loses to BYU it will be because Hill is making some pass plays.

Also Texas keep trying to run between the tackles which is the heart of the BYU D. They needed to attack the cornerbacks.

Anyhoo... I really enjoy seeing BYU steamrolling the mighty Longhorns.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3
    Yea, wondered aloud, why they kept running at the front 7 and never loaded the box forcing Hill to throw..... I'm still confused with it.... If I was a Longhorn fan, I'd be calling for Mack's head....as well as Manny & Major's....

Nice win for the Cougars.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

2013 BYU Football

We will see in two weeks. You are right about his passing...9/26. His passing percentage has been around 30% for the last two weeks. He runs because its available and he doesn't have confidence in his arm.

We will find out a little more after the Utes play Oregon State.

5. Likes Scott Card liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Yea, wondered aloud, why they kept running at the front 7 and never loaded the box forcing Hill to throw..... I'm still confused with it.... If I was a Longhorn fan, I'd be calling for Mack's head....as well as Manny & Major's....

Nice win for the Cougars.
    Well that didn't take long.... Manny Diez out as Texas D coordinator....

Crazy game. Couldn't believe what I was seeing at that game. Hill does need to work on the passing game but it was unnecessary on Saturday. BYU just flat out pounded them on both sides of the ball. Texas did not look in sync at all. It was very telling watching (the replay) on ESPN the coaches going at each other. Word on the street is that the folks in Austin are calling for every coach's head and now. What a difference a week makes. I think that the coaches were holding Hill back in week one at UVA but let him play his game against Texas. So much talk about Utah/BYU. Don't the Utes have a conference game this week to worry about?
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

So who has a predictions on this weekends game between the Utah and BYU? I saw this map on KSL...

Looking at Facebook likes for the two teams, Kelly Francis, of Aero-Graphics, has compiled the data and has mapped the neighborhoods — all for you as the fan, who can't stand to be next to the opposing fan (this week).

"I thought it would be fun to see where the dividing line is with BYU/Utah fans," Francis said. "It is all Facebook likes. It's not really that scientific, but it kind of gives you an indication of which way fans are leaning."

BYU will win. The game is in Provo, BYU has momentum with a recent blowout victory over a ranked top tier opponent, and the Utes got a demoralizing wake up call at the hands of the Beavers.

After Saturday's game against Utah I will have a much better handle on who my team really is. Right now, I haven't a clue. The Virginia game was uuuuugly and the Texas game made me want to weep with joy. Who is my team? I think they do have a little bit of swagger going right now but Utah will have the nasty going for them after the loss. Then throw in the rivalry? I couldn't predict this game nor would I bet a nickel on this game this year. I know what Vegas is saying but they have been wrong the past couple of years. What ever happens, it should be fun.
    Life is Good

Betting wise, if the spread is 7 or over I would definately puty money on the utes.
    As far as the win goes I'm pretty impartial and I would also go with the utes. Oregon state was a bad measure considering how you never know what beaver team will show up. I still am not sold on byu and even though they fired back after virginia, mack brown has lost that team. Utah will look to show that once again there was a reason they were chosen for the pac-12 and that reason is on the field. Utes 23 Byu 17
    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Utah by 5.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

I'm feeling bad JuJu over the Ute fan "turning in" Hadley..... That is a violation of my honor code...

15. Likes Scott Card liked this post
    Snitches get stitches.....

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Big difference between Texas and Utah....

Utah has now seen what Hill can do and has plenty of time to game plan for it....
    Called it! Pretty obvious Utah was not going to let Hill run no matter what else they had to give up.

Maybe a better reply would have been to say Utah has seen what Hill can't do, which is throw the football.... Contain Hill and BYU's offensive sputters.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Finally found the infamous photo.

Fans throw stuff at the refs as they leave.

What did Hadley allegedly do to violate honor code?