Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 BYU Football

Crazy stat from college FB guru Rob Daniels: #UVaFB is the first FBS team this century to win a game while punting 13 or more times.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Texas sets a school record for total offense (715 yards) and survives an early scare for a 56-7 win over New Mexico State.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent K25 View Post
    Maybe they're sick of BYU threads created by Utah fans and then infested with douchebags?

Thought the defense looked solid. Was surprised to read Hill was 13 for 40. Williams is going to be really good. Missing Hoffman had to hurt.

Too many drops, too sloppy, too fast and not hard enough. You just never know what you get until that first game. There were flashes of what the offense can do with this new offense but boy oh boy do they have some work to do to clean things up.

The Texas game stats mean nothing. Heck, when I was in High School a hundred years ago I looked forward to a crappy opponent or two to pad stats and go for records but it was never a test nor did those kind of games ever really show anyone anything. I look forward to watching the defense against Texas. I am hopeful the offense will take a chill pill and "Go not as fast - go harder" this week. I also hope they clean up the front line. The O-line was uuuuuuugly. All I can say is thank goodness its football season! I must be getting old or something because I look forward to the game and I am not so devastated nor as euphoric as I used to be. I just love a good game!

BTW, if anyone wants to join me and my office in a tail gate party, we have one this Friday at noon in our parking lot in Provo. Wear blue and join us for a free burger and/or hot dog. 3301 N. University Ave. Even you Utes can come if you behave yourselves.
    Life is Good

I'll give Iceaxe a ride down if he'll bring the beer

Hahaha.... I received a good laugh when I read BYU and tailgate in the same sentence.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

I'll have you know at one going away party in Los Angeles that my wife and I were at, the comment was made about us, particularly about my wife, that we didn't need beer to have a good time. We were already crazy enough!
    Life is Good

10. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Great to see @DiscGo at the tailgate this afternoon. Thanks for coming over and sharing a burger with us.
    Life is Good

12. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Predictions for the scuffle with Texas?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Predictions for the scuffle with Texas?

Cougs by 13 at half...wow. That RB, I mean QB is damn fast!

Home and away.... Jekyll and Hyde.

Cougs are looking great at the half.... I can't remember any team just running over the top of the Longhorns like the Cougs are doing at the moment, let's see if they can do it the second half.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Thanks again for the burger @Scott Card. It was good seeing you (and your co-worker Joe Alisa). That is way cool of your office to throw such a great bbq / football kickoff!
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

2013 BYU Football

The Cougs opened up a can on Texas and I'll say this... Utah's defense will be in serious trouble against BYU. Unless Hill gets hurt first...

Big difference between Texas and Utah....

Utah has now seen what Hill can do and has plenty of time to game plan for it.... Texas just doesn't have an answer at the moment. One of the big advantages of the BYU hurry up is Texas don't have time to implement big changes during the game because the game is moving to fast to coach up your players on the sidelines.

Also.... Texas is killing themselves with their offensive play calling.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Yeah their play calling sucks, but they have no answers for Hill. Utah had trouble with Chuckie Keeton and he didn't have Williams by his side.

BYU's got a very balanced attack right now and Texas just looks dazed.

Texas got punished in the mouth right out of the gate and never recovered.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Utah had trouble with Chuckie Keeton
    Big difference.... Keeton can throw the ball and so far Hill has yet to prove he can. Hills passing numbers last night were atrocious and with a can't miss running game your passing numbers should at least be mediocre.

Texas never loaded the box and forced the pass.... Texas never moved a safety up as a spy on Hill. Utah will not make those mistakes.... if Utah loses to BYU it will be because Hill is making some pass plays.

Also Texas keep trying to run between the tackles which is the heart of the BYU D. They needed to attack the cornerbacks.

Anyhoo... I really enjoy seeing BYU steamrolling the mighty Longhorns.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3