Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boy Scouts could end ban on Gay Members & Leaders

Boy Scouts could end ban on Gay Members & Leaders

The Boy Scouts of America has often-times been criticized for its ban on gay members and leaders. But a new report from NBC News claims that the organization may be preparing to do an about-face on the contentious issue. According to inside sources, the Boy Scouts may very well decide in the coming days to lift the controversial regulation. Rather than an endorsement of same-sex lifestyles, the new rules would remove the national ban and allow local scouting groups to decide for themselves whether they will admit gay youths and leaders.
    In order to pass, the new regulatory structure would need to be adopted by the Boy Scouts board of directors. If this happens, the power to make decisions regarding the matter would be localized, likely moving the debate from the national organization to its affiliates.

2. Likes kiwi_outdoors liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

This is good news...possibly influenced by recent changes in the LDS church attitudes? Dunno. Looking forward to more developments.

Boy Scouts could end ban on Gay Members & Leaders

6. Likes DiscGo liked this post

Re: Boy Scouts could end ban on Gay Members & Leaders

This explains why I was just called as a Varsity Coach. Well, it is about Damn time! :D

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

8. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Kinda a moot point anyways IMO. What gay guy wants to sleep in the woods with a bunch of little boys anyways?
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Sexual discrimination needs to GO AWAY!

What does the BSA care if someone in the scouting program is gay? How would they even know?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    What does the BSA care if someone in the scouting program is gay? How would they even know?

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 1364
Size:  467.6 KB

12. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    I'm ADVOCATING for lifting gay discrimination....remember? We had it all planned....unless you're backing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 1364
Size:  467.6 KB
    I feel badly for this guy/girl. He/she is the poster child for intolerance and to the best of my knowledge has done nothing to deserve it
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

15. Likes Byron liked this post

17. Likes Mooseman70 liked this post
    Don't know where the hell this came from...I would like it much better if the girl in the tank top came back!!! LOL!!!! Oh well, it is a gay thread, right?
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Way to go BSA Salt Lake for keeping your heads stubbornly buried in the sand. It's disappointing that instead of embracing tolerance and acceptance, you insist on endorsing discrimination and bigotry.

Shame on you.

Re: Boy Scouts could end ban on Gay Members & Leaders

Maybe they should bend their rules to allow anyone to be a part of their club even suicide bombers.
    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by REDFOX View Post
    Maybe they should bend their rules to allow anyone to be a part of their club even suicide bombers.

They would probably allow suicide bombers before homosexuals. God forbid.

22. Likes DOSS liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by REDFOX View Post
    Meh.. they seem to have had more pedophile bishops (both LDS and Catholic) than there have been pedophile gay youth group leaders... I think they may want to rethink their policy
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

I am indifferent on the issue.

I do however, support every organization, business and individual to be able to have their opinions and / or policies.

They should not be criticized just because their opinion/policy does not match yours. We live in America and are free to choose and should not be forced to have "tolerance and acceptance". That was never part of our constitution or included in any ammendment. Even though it seems like those don't mean much anymore.

25. Likes Mooseman70 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2065toyota View Post
    They should not be criticized just because their opinion/policy does not match yours. We live in America and are free to choose and should not be forced to have "tolerance and acceptance". That was never part of our constitution or included in any ammendment. Even though it seems like those don't mean much anymore.
    Perhaps they shouldn't be forced, but certainly nobody is above being criticized. That is included as an amendment (the First) to the Constitution. :)
    Blog | FB

27. Likes hank moon liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Udink View Post
    Perhaps they shouldn't be forced, but certainly nobody is above being criticized. That is included as an amendment (the First) to the Constitution. :)
    Very True.

Just hate to see a good organization the does a lot of good for a lot of kids, get hammered down because of it

http://www.thehumanist.org/humanist/articles/bsa.html

Excerpt from "How Your Tax Dollars Support the Boy Scouts of America"

Taxpayer Dollars
    Though no level of government directly funds the operating budget of the BSA, member and unit sponsors paid fees that amounted in 1993 to $56.8 million out of a total budget of $115 million. In addition, supply operations garnered $18.4 million, and magazine publications another $3.7 million. Income from these sources would likely be greatly reduced if the BSA were not a federally protected monopoly. You can even be arrested for selling your own "scout souvenirs" without authorization.

The 355 local councils of the Boy Scouts have separate budgets which are more directly dependent on community and corporate donations. Approximately one third of the 1993 aggregate total for local councils came from local United Way organizations. Recently, however, United Way support has been reduced or cut off completely in some areas. The United Way cut funding to the Los Angeles Council of the BSA by 52 percent in 1993.

The BSA maintains statistical data on membership and unit (pack, troop and, post) growth. For years, detailed breakdowns of unit sponsorship were printed in the annual reports filed with Congress. I have combined some information from the latest, 1993, report with data supplied directly by BSA spokesperson Richard Walker:

Government organization Total Units Explorer Units

Quote Originally Posted by hank moon View Post

Though no level of government directly funds the operating budget of the BSA, member and unit sponsors paid fees that amounted....
    I'm not sure what this means

31. Likes Anna Jackson, 2065toyota liked this post