Thread: Elephant Hill?

Elephant Hill?

How's Elephant Hill now days? Thinking of heading down there soon to poke around Spanish Bottom.

I was thinking of taking my old Pathfinder and driving the road, but if the road is in terrible condition, or icy and snowy (the NPS always exaggerates this or is clueless) I might as well take my Subaru and walk into the area.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

To answer my own question, the NPS has closed Elephant Hill to vehicles because of snow/ice.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Elephant Hill has just been opened. There are two steps, one on each side of the hill that would be very difficult for a stock 4wd. The rest of the hill was in pretty good condition.

Did you already go? Your stock pathfinder should be fine. There was a chevy half ton Suburban at the Joints Trail head last fall.

Did you already go?
    Yes. I took the Subaru because the NPS said the road was closed. As soon as we arrived at the trailhead though, they opened the gate for the season (March 2nd). Anyway, we walked the whole route and that is where the report above came from.