Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: beta for sad cow disease ?

Re: beta for sad cow disease ?

Quote Originally Posted by 2065toyota View Post
    Thanks @Shaggy for your cool pictures, I would choose that you still post them, and anybody that was to also continue to do so ( @RAM ) . To me, this spurs the taste for adventure, not the poor me I feel so left out.
    x2

I'm a huge fan of these type pictures, it spurs me to uncover the adventure and get my lazy ass off the couch.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Has nobody figured this out yet? Well, I guess it's good to see everyone staying busy flinging poo at each other.

Now, back on topic! Take a look at the last 4 photos of Shaggy's album.

Then look at this very nice Little Death Hollow trip report.

http://back countrypost.com/forum/index.php?threads/little-death-hollow-wolverine-loop.698/ (because Bogley doesn't play well with that site, you must remove the space after the word 'back' when you paste the link in your browser)

Take a close look at photos #14 and #15, the 'frozen creek bed' and 'fattest cottonwood tree', and then compare them to Shaggy's.

There happen to be dead cows in some of these photos, but the dead cows are from different years (2010 vs 2012). I'm not claiming they are the same cows, but knowing this is where cows routinely take 'the easy way out' is slightly helpful.

So, I'm changing my GUESS. This is only a guess (not beta), just like I said about the other guess. If SCD isn't here, then I think it is in the immediate neighborhood.

Last edited by Slot Machine; 02-10-2013 at 02:01 PM. Reason: added hyperlink, fixed turrible grammer
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

4. Likes Mountaineer, CarpeyBiggs, 2065toyota liked this post
    I haven't been following my forum because I find it filled with way to much info to keep up on. I've joined a new canyon site ( canyon collective ) that looks like it could be very successful as long as people don't fight over betas and stupid stuff like sad cow that ruins great fourm sites. Everyone that is seriouse about this forum should read shaggys post on page 6 so they understand what is happening.
    To respect Tom and shaggy I will quit trying to find this canyon to follow with show don't tell.

Quote Originally Posted by levifackrell View Post
    as long as people don't fight over betas
    As a long time beta provider, forum participant and forum moderator I can tell you the fight over beta will never end. There is always someone that is upset when "their" canyon is outed. The good news is that for every person upset and whining there are 50 saying thank you and enjoying the slots.

There will always be a disagreement over the best method of gathering and sharing beta.... guide book, website, forum, show don't tell, free, purchase, trade, friends, private message, secret handshake, networking, facebook, do-it-yourself.... there is really no correct answer.

The one thing I can promise you about beta is the more you put into it the more you will get out of it. Don't just be a taker, learn to share or give something back in the method that works best for you.

My advise to all canyoneers if they want to avoid the fight over beta is investigate the different methods, decides what combination works best for you and then just stick to your choice and ignore all the "noise".