Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah Football 2013

Quote Originally Posted by tomertim View Post
    I'm still blown away that an Erickson offense would run 3 dive plays in a row within the five.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah...still amazed by that one. Anyone NOT attempting to run up the middle could've walked around the sides without much resistance. USU had their entire team stacked at the scrimmage.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Looks like my boys are going to get it handed to them. Boise state looks to be 3 loss mwc team. Virginia didn't put as many on byu as I'd hoped and utah won so not a bad weekend.

Looks like my boys are going to get it handed to them.
    Uh yeah, getting SPANKED.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Uh yeah, getting SPANKED.
    I believe this is worst boise state loss on the past 15 years. An old fashion ass kicking.

I believe this is worst boise state loss on the past 15 years. An old fashion ass kicking.

Yep, very uncharacteristic for BSU.

The good news for Utah is that Oregon State looks far more beatable today, than they did a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The good news for Utah is that Oregon State looks far more beatable today, than they did a week ago.
    Uh yep. Embarrassing...

Utah football game, though a blowout, fun to watch. Doing exactly what they should.

Nice scrimmage for the Yewts...

The Utes had no answer for Sean Mannion. They were pretty successful at shutting down Oregon State's run, but their secondary was non-existent. Maybe the USU game wasn't so close because Chucky Keaton is superman so much as it was that the Utes have a poor secondary.

This is gonna be a long season...OSU was supposed to be a win, and it doesn't get any easier with BYU, UCLA and Stanford coming up. Let's not even mention the Oregon game -- where the Utes travel to Oregon to play the Ducks on their home field.

I think BYU is gonna get the W in this year's Holy War.

I think it all depends on BYU's passing game. The Utes seems to have figured out how to defend the run. BYU had a field day running on Texas and set all kinds of records. I don't see that happening again any time soon. Taysom Hill has a passing completion percentage of 35%. However, he has two stud receivers. One of them will pretty much catch any ball that is thrown in his general direction. BYU just had one of their stud linebackers get suspended for 5 games for breaking the honor code. Still, their defense is one of the top in the country.

My prediction...if BYU gets their passing game going and has a balanced attack. Especially if Hill gets in rhythm with his receivers early, then Utah loses. A balanced attack will beat Utah and I bet that Hill is getting A LOT of reps with their #1 receiver (Hoffman) this week. I won't be surprised to see BYU put their backup QB in for a few passing plays too if needed, just to mix things up. He has a much more accurate arm than Hill. BYU's players have said that this is their "Super Bowl" so they'll be gunning for Utah. They want to erase that Utah winning streak before the two year break.

Utah is at a disadvantage, coming off an emotional Pac-12, home opener, OT loss. BYU has had two weeks to prepare and are playing at home. If they come out with a balanced attack and limit their turnovers, they win. Utah has played high tempo offenses in Utah State and Oregon State. I don't expect them to get rattled by that. Finally, can Utah's O-line give the QB enough time? I don't see Wilson having the success he had running against Oregon State. Lotta factors that will make this game a barn burner. Gotta give the cougars the nod though.

No real feel for the Utah vs BYU game. Losing Spencer Hadley can't help BYU.

Turnover battle will be big.

BYU started as a 6.5 favorite and it has moved to 7....looks like the money is trending towards BYU.

I'm taking the Utes.

Utah dominated most of this game. That taunting call really pissed me off. So stupid! That put BYU back in the game. Taysom Hill had quite a few yards passing, but he sure had some ugly balls. A few were almost caught in the stands. Utah had a very balanced attack and they won. IMO, Dennis Erickson called a brilliant game, love the offense and game management. I don't remember any boneheaded calls, just a smart sound game plan.

It's now 4-0 for Utah and 9 out of the last 12.

Fans throw stuff at the refs as they leave.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    The final play.

Ummm...pass interference?

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    On the offense...

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    The receiver grabs the defender and pulls him down. The pass probably would have been intercepted if he didn't.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3