Thread: Looking to so a Moab trip in March

Looking to so a Moab trip in March

Never been there on a moto.
    Have not been there since 88 and it was free camping at big bend and we did day trips down the river from Fisher Towers to big bend.

SOOOOOO for those that are in the in? Hotels,trails etc. by the budget please. All help will mean I can stay longer and will be greatly appreciated.

I myself would just camp and hit the Hostels up for showers but the group I'm going with have long lost there youth and so it's motels and diners.

And no DAM CAMP FIRES AND THAT SUCKS.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Maybe I'll just meet them at the trails and have my camping fun.
    I can ride a long ways on another $30 a day.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

Poison Spider bike shop has good cheap showers.
    Charlie...
    Stalking Light

I've been wanting to do the white rim trail in Canyonlands but it requires a plated bike. I've got one and would love to do some of those dirt trails in the National Parks.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

I should be able to get mine plated in time but the group I'm headed to Moab with is all dirt I believe.
    But ya I'd hate to miss the WRT while down there.
    Thanks cchoc for the heads up on the cheap showers.

Looks like this one is getting pushed to April first week of.
    Or maybe just a three week ride for me
    Jeeze I hait all the mulldrum aspects of plans.FILR I say.

This is why I want to get a tent trailer and hide out in some bitchen camp close enough.

Flap jacks and maple syrup goes a long ass way baby.

Re: Looking to so a Moab trip in March

I'll be down there April 4-7 with the Colorado boys. If you enjoy punishment!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

You know I do
    Oh hell I can just see it now Lmao

I'm going down with the ones that turned tail in mesq. LOL

I'm not sure if I will have the flue by then or just some other lame ass excuse. 4-7 and marking LMAO

As a mater of fact they are nice enough guys but? HMMM very interesting to say the least.
    DAM I need a tent traier.:D

But the bright side of this all is they are doing a 2 day maybe 3 thing ?/?/?/?/?/?

Anything that pushes Garbo to the point of breaking a Clav. Can't be all bad.

I just can see this one know LMAO 1 some simple shit , day two some more simple shit day three well howdy rowdy let's do five mile of hell LMAO

Don't think that won't work.:D

**** it you only live once so I'll hit my local friends up.

But then again I remember the time I blew my knew out big time and pushed my BRP into and out of a creek with 3-4 foot boulders only to get to the other side where the atvs built a home made road with rocks on the side of a cliff.
    My knee was shot but the day light was getting away from me and it is supprising just what you can do when no one is around and you will die if can't get r done.
    4 hours later I got that bitch to a hill were I could pop start it. I had stopped trying at least 6 times along this day. But with renewed energy I finally made it happen.
    Got back to camp on fumes and just drove the dam bike straight into the truck with one last hope and prayer and got lucky.

I should have died that day.

Always ride with some body.

Took my 7 weeks before I could kick start that bike again.

I was a fool and tried to save my bike from damage by putting a leg dawn to try and save cosmetic damage. It should have cost me my life and almost did but i got lucky I guess.
    I'm pretty sure no fool even the BLM would have been by till the nest deer hunt.

The hardest 17 feet in my life.

Looks like this one got a push till after easter jeep weekend
    Have a few heading up from AZ. Some from SLC area and a small hand full from god knows where at this point
    THis is proving to be a big ole mess for sure at this point.
    But I won't give up on it till I know better

I've been thinking about mounting a Dunlop 803 Trials Tire on the rear for Moab.
    Has anyone tried this or any trials tire for Moab?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    I've been thinking about mounting a Dunlop 803 Trials Tire on the rear for Moab.
    Has anyone tried this or any trials tire for Moab?
    I've never had one on my bike but I did ride a buddy's 2 stroke ktm with one on. They stick like glue in and on rocks, but it didn't seem too good in the sand. I'm not sure as far as hard packed dirt. People who use them swear by them. I swear by my knobbies. They seem to do just as well on the Moab rock IMO. :thumbup:

I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

Thanks for the input.
    I know they are weak in high speed turns and breaking turns and would suck on the Kane Creek trail (deep sand).
    But if the knobbies work just fine in the rocky and slick rock stuff then maybe that is the direction I should go.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo View Post
    I've never had one on my bike but I did ride a buddy's 2 stroke ktm with one on. They stick like glue in and on rocks, but it didn't seem too good in the sand. I'm not sure as far as hard packed dirt. People who use them swear by them. I swear by my knobbies. They seem to do just as well on the Moab rock IMO. :thumbup:

I am running trials both front and rear on my WR. Seem to really well in all conditions. Very sticky on slick rock. Do fine in the sand.

Mark

Thanks moab mark but I think I'm just going with my deep sand tires that serve me well around here.
    With only a few days in Moab and then store them until who knows when before I get down to Moab again they will just dry wrought on me.

Looks like the 5 I was going with all bailed so I guess I'll just wing it for the first weekend in April some how some way.:D

@Garbanzo That would be mtnseeker1@gmail.com
    Looking forward.