Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What has Made You Happy Today?

What has Made You Happy Today?

Fire away...let's hear it!
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The Art of Happiness by Dalai Lama XIV http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...t_of_Happiness
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

4. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    A woman in my neighborhood heard that the average person has 300 negative thoughts a day. She didn't believe that could be true, so she purchased a clicker / hand-held counter and made a click each time she had a negative thought for a week. At the end of the week she was so depressed that she stopped working out, and felt just awful about life. She then decided to flip it and make a click for every positive thought she had during the week and had nearly the polar opposite effect of the first week and had never felt better at the end of the "positive week".

I was driving to California last week and my daughter dropped her Minnie Mouse doll and started to cry because she couldn't reach it while she was buckled. My son tried cheering her up by telling her "Don't cry! It is a GREAT LIFE! It's a GREAT LIFE!!!" and I have been thinking about him saying that a lot this last week.

Coming back from California on Saturday my kids were sick and my wife was in the back of the van holding two containers (one in each hand) for different kids throwing up in those containers at the same time, and I again thought "It's a GREAT LIFE!". When I got home I took the car seats over to the car wash and used the pressure washer to spray off the car seats and some of the remnants of what was thrown up splashed up on me, not to mention it was freezing cold. I know this sounds crazy but I again heard the voice of my son saying "It's a GREAT LIFE" and I was struck with such happiness. I know on paper it doesn't sound like good experience but it is so awesome to serve your kids and love them so unconditionally.

So what has made me happy today, is just being a Dad. It is the greatest blessing. Before having kids I had done some awesome things (visited more than 30 countries, tour guided in Alaska for 7 years, played hard in Utah, scuba, etc.) and I have found that there is nothing better than being a Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by DOSS View Post
    The Art of Happiness by Dalai Lama XIV http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...t_of_Happiness
    I am nearly finished with a somewhat long book series now, and that will be the next book I read. Thanks for the suggestion.

7. Likes DOSS liked this post
    The "What Has Pissed You Off Today?" thread...

C'mon DG.....join the dark side.....
    Name:  l.jpg
Views: 1862
Size:  36.4 KB
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

9. Likes accadacca, DiscGo liked this post
    I am happy today because I know (beforehand) there is now puke in my car wash, so I will send an employee over to clean it up for me.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

11. Likes DiscGo liked this post

Re: What has Made You Happy Today?

My company taxes are done for the year and W2's have been sent out. It's always successful for me until that is done.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

13. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    I was happy that there was not traffic on the roads on the account of many people staying at home because of the holiday. I'm pissed that I am not one of them.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

15. Likes DiscGo, rockgremlin liked this post
    Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    I am happy to have sunshine again today - 4 days in a row now - after 3 weeks of dark, ugly and rainy skies!

Great thread!
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

17. Likes DiscGo liked this post

Inauguration
    Linkin Park song stuck in head
    Lucky 13 burger for lunch

James

Belaying my girlfriend as she red-pointed her first 5.13 (gym route, but impressive none-the-less

About 2 seconds ago, looking at the girl in the Bad Idea T-shirts ad there on the right...the one slightly bending over with the tank top. Before that, it's been just another awesome day.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    About 2 seconds ago, looking at the girl in the Bad Idea T-shirts ad there on the right...the one slightly bending over with the tank top. Before that, it's been just another awesome day.
    Sounds like retargeting...

I toured the new Adobe building today and had lunch there. It is an impressive building and looks like a cool work environment. If you haven't seen it, its just past the point of the mountain in Lehi, UT. It is the first of 3 buildings that they have planned. The first sure dwarfed Cabela's.

23. Likes DiscGo liked this post

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    only 1459 more days(in theory)
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

26. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Tank top? And all I noticed was her smile.
    Name:  T-shirt.jpg
Views: 19813
Size:  60.6 KB

28. Likes Byron liked this post
    Nothing so far today.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

New gun!

31. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Fresh salt water taffy from Catalina