Thread: Got in a little ride today in Warner

Got in a little ride today in Warner

Started off with a little reverse direction on a single track that proved very interesting.
    Moved it on down to the area I believe is the Cholla Single Track trail and found some more Rhino Rally course stuff (hard core).
    Moved it onto and area I have not hit in two years and found some great riding that I thought was great.
    Fiddled around here and there then a down hill rocky twin track a bit faster than I should have with my riding buddy behind me.
    He rides a new 2013 bike like mine and went down hard enough to break off his gear shifter.
    So it was like 2:30 PM so as we were trying to figure this out I tried to call Rocky mountain (old pro cycle shop) but no phone service.
    Took a look at the shifter and pulled out the file on a multi tool and went to work.
    Got him to shift with some effort and on we rolled. Got off the big hill and hit a fast road and stopped to try and call again. NO-SERVICE dam.
    Milked it back to the trucks and had phone service and got the call into Rockymtn and I loaded his truck and sent him on his way.
    10 minutes to spare and with a new shifter in hand we are on again for Sunday.

So anyway his phone call goes like this " High it's butch and I need a new gear shifter for my new 500" THen theres Me the smart ass saying he needs a new gear shifter for his used and freshly wrecked 500

Great ride and blue skies and temps? well just say I best not say or I will just piss you all off

On a good note I did press his ass for some wild sandy whoops:D

Welcome to southern Utah Butch.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

If he would have crashed in the SAND, I doubt the shifter would have broken...

Re: Got in a little ride today in Warner

I sure hope that weather holds for the Feb ride. It will be a welcome change!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

Yes acca that thought did cross my mind also and yes Gabro
    We are what three weeks out?
    With this sudden warm there will be a cool and I hope it comes with a good amount of rain then turns for us just in time
    So sixty with a few days of rain just before works for me
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

Butch is an ace compared to me on the thin line stuff.
    But most are.
    Remember he is 62 yrs old and wears two knee braces worth $1500 or some seriuos shit like that plus some shoulder support.
    And if he has to get surgery again his wife will leave him Maybe he is justified? By being a bit panickey?
    However I did ride his ass down today in the sand and whoops He is a great guy give him a chance.
    I was comnpletely caught off guard the other day when he packed it up however

We all have our on days I suppose.

I remember one day I went down hard in the rocks and my hand was so sore I that all I could do was hold up the group on a ride that everyone spent a great amount of time and money to make happen.
    I bailled out on the group and it was the Paiute trail 2 years ago.
    It sucked ass knowing this but I hung in there and ended up meeting some of the best riding friends a guy could ever meet.
    I've learned tons along the way and alot should have given up on my sorry ass but they hung in there

Botom line: If it was not for the great guys here I might still be killing myself on a 2001 BRP with a super tanker. LMAO

What a long strange trip it's been.

Did you say trip...

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Did you say trip...

I went to a Grateful Dead concert after eating some strange fungus. Does that count? :D

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    I've learned tons along the way and alot should have given up on my sorry ass but they hung in there
    You have come a long way. So have I. It feels great to stay with the pack. It's all about the ride, not the skill level. Having to wait or having others wait for you sucks a little, but as long as we're all willing to make it work, it does. Giving up is not an option. Faster, smarter, smoother, further. That's the goal. I've crashed so many times I started to wonder if anyone would want to continue riding with the "Yard Sale". I'm grateful they did. Single track mind. Everyday. All the time.

Ran into lots of riders.
    Big three day weekend and warm weather brings down all the snow riders.

Ran into this one over at

Some is stuff we have roade and about the 9 min. area is just cool and should be easy to find.