Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Man shopping with rifle at Utah JCPenney

He looks like a bad guy. Wow. Looks like about every soldier dressed in civilian clothes

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

But the real question we should be asking ourselves about the guy in the Ogden Mall.... why is it that his assault rifle didn't suddenly start massacring people?

Open carry wont be around long with clowns like this traipsing around.

5. Likes Mooseman70 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Open carry wont be around long with clowns like this traipsing around.
    I disagree.... this is from a KSL poll taken today.

Name:  1111.JPG
Views: 235
Size:  13.1 KB

People may think it lacks a little in the commonsense department, but they don't want to lose that right.

Man shopping with rifle at Utah JCPenney

Doing what is legal and using good judgement are two different things.

8. Likes hank moon, oldno7 liked this post
    Over the top. Just because prostitution is legal in Nevada, it does not mean I should take them to JCPenney. It's just bad judgement on the guys part. Also, not recommended in New York. True blue NYPD rounds will start flying your way in less than 30 seconds.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

10. Likes hank moon liked this post
    Foolish behavior, methinks.

Legal to walk around with a big, glitzy purse and expensive jewelry on too. Sooner or later, you'll attract the wrong kind of attention.

Two desperate meth addicts follow that guy out to his car and he won't own that flashy, expensive firearm for long. Who's got his back? Oh, the rifle is ON his back. Unless he's got that Glock in his hand, he'll lose that too.

A fool and his guns are soon parted...and it doesn't pay to advertise.

12. Likes Mooseman70, hank moon liked this post

Re: Man shopping with rifle at Utah JCPenney

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I disagree.... this is from a KSL poll taken today.

Name:  1111.JPG
Views: 235
Size:  13.1 KB

Not a very big poll. No pun intended. :D

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC View Post
    ..and it doesn't pay to advertise.
    I think this. ^^^

Never show your hand, unless someone is willing to pay for it.

Theres a lot of merit in the gubernmint and citizens not knowing who has what.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Oh, the rifle is ON his back. Unless he's got that Glock in his hand, he'll lose that too.
    FWIW he was also carrying a LOADED semi auto pistol....

Funny how the news only talked about the unloaded AR and very few even mentioned the pistol.... I guess the pistol didn't look as scary on the evening news...

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Man shopping with rifle at Utah JCPenney

I think it's fine that he asserted his rights and I appreciate the statement he made by his actions. However, slinging an AR in public is not something to make a habit of. More than once would be doing it in bad taste. It would be akin to someone waving a poster with hate speech or vulgarity citing "freedom of speech". Our constitutional rights should be exercised in self control and prudence. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Failing to use self control and moderation is how our lives end up getting micro managed.

"America! America! God mend thine every flaw. Confirm thy soul in self control, thy liberty in law."

Just to clarify...I cherish our right to open carry and would fight anyone that tried to take that away.

My question is this...with our wonderful shall issue concealed carry laws, why would anyone want to open carry in a crowded metro area? Is there really a legitimate reason that I don't understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandstone Addiction View Post
    Is there really a legitimate reason that I don't understand?
    A political statement isn't a legitimate reason?

Or do you mean a reason like in LA after the Rodney King roits when Korean store owners stood in front of their businesses armed with firearms to protect their lively hood from looters because the police not available?

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

A political statement isn't a legitimate reason?
    For who? In Utah, he's preachin' to the choir. No one bothered to call 911 (not that eyebrows weren't raised).

The politics of this might work against whatever message he thought he was sending. Would a sane, reasonable person strap an assault rifle to their back and go to the mall? Of course not. More damage than good is going to come out of that action, with regard to "gun control" methinks.

Or do you mean a reason like in LA after the Rodney King roits when Korean store owners stood in front of their businesses armed with firearms to protect their lively hood from looters because the police not available?
    They were mostly on the roofs...ha ha. And, had the Korean shop owner not shot that black girl in the back for shoplifting...(although, she was gettin' beat up by a purse or some such). Grim stuff.

Yeah, those are pretty different situations. Prior to that, ever see a Korean shop owner with a gun? Did they just sport them, walking around? Nope.

Ahh...I spent a ton of time down there...got to hear those gunshots and see the fires in person. Wild stuff. Sad. I miss going for Asian food for lunch...ha ha. Mostly sushi in Gardena.

Crazy stuff.

Ahh...I spent a ton of time down there...got to hear those gunshots and see the fires in person. Wild stuff. Sad.
    Ditto... we were scuba diving off Catalina when the riot started. We had to come back through Long Beach when things were still in the crapper.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Is attention whore a legitimate reason?

Name:  180px-Attention_Whore.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  10.1 KB

I do recall a time I open carried in a city...I was elk hunting on the LaSals and my motorcycle was getting low on fuel, so I zipped down to Maverik in Moab with my 264 Win Mag over my shoulder and filled up. Don't recall anyone giving me a second glance, but then again, I wasn't trying to get any attention.

I would've asked him how much he wanted for his PMAG!

24. Likes BruteForce liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    And sometimes ones arrogant actions result in law changes

Make no mistake, there is nothing this guy did that was even remotely patriotic or noble

http://www.kutv.com/news/top-stories...vid_3550.shtml
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

This bill isn't from the guy at Penny's, it has been in the works for a while. in fact my understanding is it will strengthen the ability to carry in the open by eliminating the ability of police to cite you for disorderly conduct.

But I haven't read the bill. I just knew it was coming after several were cited.

I think the bill is needed to stop crap like happened after Katrina and Rodney King. YMMV.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3