Thread: Canyoneering/Exploration President's Day Weekend

Canyoneering/Exploration President's Day Weekend

I'm looking for some interested people to explore a new technical canyon over Presidents Day Weekend. Just in case, it would be nice to have a rope gun with us. If interested, let me know.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bumping this up. Is anyone interested?
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

What general area you exploring. If in southwest Utah Id like to talk to you.

The canyon is quite hidden and has an approach through a non-technical slot to get there. It is SW of the North Wash area and accessed via State Highway 276.

Are you planning to stay around and do other canyons over the weekend too?

Are you planning to stay around and do other canyons over the weekend too?
    Only the nontechnical canyon and the technical one. I only have three days available and that will take all three days.

Does that imply that you are planning to camp in the canyon?

Does that imply that you are planning to camp in the canyon?
    Yes. Two nights at a nice spring/campsite.

The slot near Powell we were going to do is out since we decided to wait until the weather is warmer and we had a stronger team.

Hans Flat Ranger Station is reporting 10" of snow at the ranger station, 3" in Horseshoe Canyon so the Roost is probably out as well (?)

We will probably either just head to North Wash for some technical canyons, the Needles/Red Lake Canyon area for some exploring, or lower Muley Twist. It might actually be a good time to do the latter two since some snow around to melt for water is better for exploring.

The slot near Powell we were going to do is out since we decided to wait until the weather is warmer and we had a stronger team.
    I'm sorry you won't get to do that canyon this weekend but now I may get to join you when you reschedule. We already had plans this weekend so I didn't respond to your original post. Let us know when you reschedule. I'm confident I can offer something to strengthen you team.