Thread: Trailer Camping Near Moab

Trailer Camping Near Moab

I just got a tent trailer and I am thinking about dragging it with my to Moab this spring for my annual exodus. Depending on group dynamics, we may end up parking it at the KOA place south of town. However, I am also interested if anybody has any suggestions for a good, trailer-with-low-ground-clearance camping spot. My first thought is that Willow Springs Road (road to Sovereign Trailhead) would be pretty good. Any more that I should consider?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We usually camp up Kane Creek towards Pritchett. There are multiple camping areas. You can head up towards LaSal's for free camping.

Mill canyon road north of town has some great (free) spots. They are down a dirt road but I'd think a tent trailer would make it just fine.

There are also some nice camp sites off of highway 313. A few on the Dubinky Well Road, some on the road to Gemini Bridges and some of the other side roads have decent spots as well.

We stay at Devil's Garden CG in Arches NP. I usually buy the Natl Parks pass, you can reserve a site ahead of time online, and the facilities are clean and nice. Scenery at the site is also awesome. Sure, it's a bit of a drive to exit the park and head off to the riding spots, but the scenery is so cool you don't mind (at least I don't). I'm not a KOA fan.
    Mountain guy trapped in the wetlands of Florida.