Thread: OHV/ATV Facilities?

OHV/ATV Facilities?

I realize this thread is not for everyone but here it goes

I'm working with a landscape architect on designing an OHV/ATV area for work. It's a roughly 5 acre area where riders can go anywhere and everywhere in that 5 acres then can branch out on several different trails from there. He and I disagree on what should be there but I was curious what you'd want or like to see in your designated area.

So far we have a CXT toilets, loading/unloading ramp, a child's area that fenced, a picnic area with fire pits (more like campsites) and a picnic area where the locals can have their parties/poker run events at. I probably forgetting something

Anything you would like to see if it was your local riding area?
    Anything we are missing?

Thanks in advance for any responses

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Water with a hose to spray off faces/helmets/ATV's. 5 acres is pretty small, IMO. Food & drink..
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Thanks for the response BF! I like the clean up area and I don't think anyone working on the project would have thought of it.

I agree it is a very small area but it is in watershed with fish in the river that are either threatened or endangered (I forget which). The 5 acres does not drain to the creek but to the parking area which has a sediment basin so no sediment is getting into the stream.

Anyway I had nothing to do with the size, just the facilities that go in it. Thanks again

Sounds like a great place...when will it be open?

You mentioned "child's area that is fenced", what is your purpose for this?

I assume this is private land? Have you guys given thought to the liability of turning the public loose on your private land? See Lions Back in Moab. Private and Closed.

It's on forest service land and we're just getting the design together so we can establish a budget.

I believe the kids area is to give the kids (we're talking really young here) a place to learn without the threat of being hit by other riders.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Karma View Post
    I believe the kids area is to give the kids (we're talking really young here) a place to learn without the threat of being hit by other riders.
    Not sure where you plan to make this, but if it's in Utah, take into consideration the absurd law that kids under 8 years old are not allowed to ride on public land...

It is not in Utah. I wish it was because that would mean I was working in Utah. I hope to move back there one day but I'd need a job there first.

10. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum