Thread: Info on Valley of Fire "wave"

Info on Valley of Fire "wave"

Just curious if anybody has any info to lead us in the general direction of where this is located in the Valley of Fire. Thanks

Name:  IMG_1116.png
Views: 870
Size:  540.1 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

It is now a well marked path with a sign on the side of the road. They want you to park further up the hill and hike back down the road to the trail. Sorry about being vague, I can't remember the name of road but it the same road the goes back to White Dome. Ask at the Visitor Center for better info.

I was just there in November. It's a short easy hike. If memory serves, you park at the White Dome trailhead (parking lot 3 I think- it's about 4 miles from the visitors center) You'll park on the left/west side of the road and walk across the street to the trail on the other side of the road.
    Last edited by Junebug; 01-08-2013 at 02:24 PM. Reason: edited to clarify directions

Yep, Parking Lot no. 3 and then across the road. It is well marked. It is on the road that goes north from the visiting center. I visited the area in August in late afternoon hoping to get a good shot of the fire wave. Bad luck -- it was one day after a complete deluge and the road north of the visiting center was washed out and closed. Had to turn back :( The roads should hopefully be fixed by now.

One more advice -- if you want a great shot of the fire wave, bring a wide angle lens!

The last I had heard was that it wasn't well publicized, but I guess I'm a little slow on that. Will head down and do some camping and exploring in the next few weeks.

When we were there in Nov, I didn't find the trail to be well marked at all- but maybe I just wasn't looking in the right place. I can't remember if any of the info we got when we entered the park ever pointed it out either. We actually hiked along afraid we were on the wrong trail until we could confirm with some other hikers.
    It's a beautiful and short hike- if you park near White Dome and poke around on the east side of the road, you'll get there :)

Good luck and stay warm!

Thanks everyone! We will be here in early June and I appreciate the info!