Thread: Havasupai (Before the flood of '08)

Havasupai (Before the flood of '08)

I was looking through some old pictures and videos of my Havasupai trip in 2008 and decided to make a little video TR. To bad it will never be the same. I love the new Havasupai and the new waterfalls that were created after the flood in '08, BUT I will forever miss the old Navajo Falls and the way the water flowed off of Havasu Falls. Enjoy the video! :)

CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Cool, I've been down there a couple of times, my wife wants to take the kids down there in a couple of years. It seems there's a major flood changing the formations about every 10 - 15 years or so, wiping out some cool pools and falls, but creating new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Cool, I've been down there a couple of times, my wife wants to take the kids down there in a couple of years. It seems there's a major flood changing the formations about every 10 - 15 years or so, wiping out some cool pools and falls, but creating new ones.
    Yeah it is neat to see how nature changes and recovers. I went back in 2010 with my wife and it was just as pretty and two new falls had been created :)
    CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey