Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So how much will my paycheck drop???

So how much will my paycheck drop???

Yikes!!! WTF man???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

A couple months ago, a whole bunch of people in this country decided this is exactly what they want. The thing is, it's not a failure to communicate...it's an outright battle of ideology.

What irks me the most is the complete disregard for the pubic...average people, older folks, investors, people who really rely on the tax returns. We're all hostages in this thing, pawns for these people. I think it literally criminal that they're allowed to do this. It's a pathetic three ring circus.

Someone needs to come up with a working plan, but no one there has the balls to do it. When the shit hits the fan, who's gonna take the hit? Government workers or the private sector? Retirees and welfare queens? The military? Somethings gotta give...and raising taxes to collect nickles and dimes sure wont' cut it.

But then again, what the hell do I know? Perhaps these guys are geniuses and they've got it all figured out...right?
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

4. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Long ago after sending a hundereds emails to my representative, I realized, that until I give him $, he could care less about me. Unfortunately I really do feel that way. Seldom is there a soul that is not lost once they become a politician.

Look at our man Horiuchi or whatever his name is, what a DIRTBAG!!!!!!

Somewhere outdoors, where you wish you were
    As it stands right now, if no changes are made and we go off the so-called fiscal cliff, my taxes will increase by...are you ready?...$6000! Anyone who thinks this isn't a big deal is either naive or already living off the government.

Kevin

7. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by kd7kmp View Post
    As it stands right now, if no changes are made and we go off the so-called fiscal cliff, my taxes will increase by...are you ready?...$6000! Anyone who thinks this isn't a big deal is either naive or already living off the government.

Kevin
    Yikes!

Just a thought.... but sooner or later we will be forced to cut spending, raise taxes and start paying down our National debit, which is what the fiscal cliff does. The sooner folks understand this the easier it's going to be. There is no way we can sustain the course we are currently on.

The reason this fiscal cliff was built into the system was so it would kick in automatically and no one would take the blame as both sides can blame the other side.

I think it's funny folks buy into this fiscal cliff bullshit.... it was done by design to stop the financial bleeding of this country.

11. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    So here I am, basking in the glow of the Broncos win, watching the news and getting a pretty clear picture of what is happening in regards to this...

So it appears there will be no deal. Obama says that next month, with the new Congress, the Democrats will craft a bill that give a tax break to those who earn under 250K...negating that one part of the "cliff". The Republicans will have to be forced to oppose it.

Obama wants this, and he's going to get it, one way or another. Nothing gets done without his signature...and there's no way he'll give in on this. He can't...he'd loose face, big time.

Like I said earlier, it's too bad the rest of us have to dangle in the breeze. Yeah, this is just the kind of thing businesses what to encourage them to spend, invest and grow. New hires? Pay raises? More benefits? Liberalism sucks. The people with the lowest incomes are going to suffer for this...add in Obamacare on top of it. What a friggin' mess...

A month ago I had a meeting with my accountant to plan this out. I'll be paying less in taxes this year than I have in a long time...they forced me to work every available angle, and anyone making a decent buck will be doing the same damn thing. Nice going, Dumbocrats.

Ice, I understand what your saying, but I would prefer to see one big plan that gets into the meat without all this dramatic BS. I think that's what people want when they say, "Get together, compromise, get something constructive done". Works for me...I make big decisions and go! Jerkin' around just wastes time.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

FWIW: even if we go over the fiscal cliff the United States public debt would continue to grow.... the fiscal cliff is just the first bite we are all going to have to take out of this giant turd sandwich. Enjoy the meal because everyone is going to have to take more than this one bite to fix the problem.

If not we will soon be paddling our canoe up shit creek behind the Greeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Ice, I understand what your saying, but I would prefer to see one big plan that gets into the meat without all this dramatic BS.
    As I said, the fiscal cliff is the "big plan". As it is currently set up the Republicans and Democracts each take an equal hit. There is no real intention on either side to stop us from going over, that is just a dog and pony show for the media.

Look at how the cliff is set up and you will notice both sides still get to keep their pet projects. Social Security, Medicaid, federal pay, federal pensions and veterans benefits, are exempted from the spending cuts.

15. Likes dweaver2130 liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I'm just amazed that when people see the US, 16trillion dollars in debt, somehow they think they won't have to pay more.......

So lets raise our debt ceiling and borrow some more.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

A deal is in sight...hmmm. "Deal.. "

Looks like no deal. Here's my take. This is going to hurt- a lot! I'm not just talking about me and my family. From what I understand, my taxes will increase by $2,500 to $3,000. That's about the amount of my discretionary funds for the year. Stuff like going out to dinner, movies, nearby vacations and trips, shopping, etc. You get the idea. I don't have another three grand to take from somewhere else for these things. I'm guessing millions of Americans are in the same boat as me. If we, collectively, don't have any discretionary funds anymore, what's going to happen to all the businesses we would normally give our business to? I'm guessing we'll see many, many of them close their doors which will cause unemployment to go through the roof. I hate to be all doom-and-gloom but, that's what I think's going to happen. My 2 cents. Oh, wait. The IRS just grabbed that, too.
    Are we there yet?

Blog Entries

You are all missing the secret to recovery - SPEND!!

And the ultimate secret to getting out of debt is, obviously (emphasis), spend more than you earn!
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

20. Likes oldno7 liked this post

I'm still busy totaling up all the hikes, between payroll tax, HSA contribution taxes, my insurance premiums, and so on... Lets just say that's a lot of gear I won't be buying...

Quote Originally Posted by Bootboy View Post
    I'm still busy totaling up all the hikes, between payroll tax, HSA contribution taxes, my insurance premiums, and so on... Lets just say that's a lot of gear I won't be buying...
    My point exactly!
    Are we there yet?

I guess a deal was done early this morning that holds off the increases for at least 2 months. Here is a fiscal cliff calculator: http://www.paycheckcity.com/fiscalcliff/cliff.html

24. Likes DiscGo liked this post

Re: So how much will my paycheck drop???

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I guess a deal was done early this morning
    There is no deal yet, it just passed the Senate, now it has to go to the House.

The Senate deal just kicks the problem down the road to be dealt with again in a couple of months.

Sent using Tapatalk

Looks like the House will demand more spending cuts and send it back to the Senate.

Sent using Tapatalk

See ya'll back here March 1st for anther installment of financial roulette.

Sent using Tapatalk