Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hitch Carrier Compatibility

Quote Originally Posted by RedSpecialized View Post
    Those look like some fun bikes. My brother got a 29er hard tail with 4 inch fork on the front. All though offing think I would like it. I really think it is a great bike. I think you will really like those rides.

Back to the rack, I think this rack is the best bang for your buck. www.bikecarrierdirect.com/hitch-bike-rack/Raxter---Folding-2-Bike-Rack.html

I think the racks that carry the bikes by the frame are good I just think you have more potential for damage. When I have so much invested in the bikes your carrying I want to make sure that I break them while riding and not transporting them. My .02

Sent from my SPH-L900
    Thank you for the tip. Looks like a good one. As far as the bikes go; I know so nothing about this particular sport and would never be able to decided what to get on my own. So I went to the local bike shop here and explained my goals, money, etc. The owner, Dave, though it better to go 29er hardtail than an equivalent priced 26 FS. Unfortunately for me it will likely end up like flyrods and I will have to get several to cover different circumstances.

thanks again. And.....I thought my tongue-n-cheek, good nature, ribbing, play on your name in the last post would get a rise out of you. You didn't bite. Too nice of a guy likely!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Hitch Carrier Compatibility

Quote Originally Posted by DesertDuke View Post

thanks again. And.....I thought my tongue-n-cheek, good nature, ribbing, play on your name in the last post would get a rise out of you. You didn't bite. Too nice of a guy likely!
    I guess I'm a little slow because I didn't catch that. So what hitch did you end up getting?

Sent from my SPH-L900

I guess I'm a little slow because I didn't catch that. So what hitch did you end up getting?

Sent from my SPH-L900
    Haven't got it yet. Not in much of a hurry with the snow.

Sent from my SPH-L900
    Well, I finally got it. This is what I settled on: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s01_i00 I appreciate all the input. I really liked the look of RedSpecialized's DIY one so I found one similar that the bikes rest on. It is interesting to note that on the Amazon it has a "by Thule" on it, but I got the package from some place in KY and it does not have Thule written anywhere on the rack itself. ?? But, it seems great and though I haven't really used it I am happy with it so far. I considered a utility trailer at one point but instead settled on the rack and a Yakima rooftop carrier (hanging on the wall camera left). This rack is a beast and weighs around 50 or 60lbs. Perhaps I will get a single bike, trunk carrier for those times that I go solo for a quick, evening ride and don't feel like loading that beast of a rack on. The trunk carrier would go on the Porsche 918 Spyder, camera right in the photo below.
    Name:  bikerack.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  55.0 KB

Nice! I like it and think you got a good deal.