Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Assault Weapons?

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluff-Canyoneer View Post
    This would be the same Paul Gosar who had to change districts just to keep his job.
    Hardly a revered figure in Arizona.
    Not to familiar with Gosar, he really isn't the subject. The subject is that Remington Arms, after 200 years in New York, is telling cuamo, they've had enough.

When I first heard of this, I sent a letter to my State Senator, he was unaware but very interested, He was going to pass the information to Brennan Wood and the Economic Development Agency.

I have a friend who's brother works for Chris Stewart. He called and Chris was asked if they new about Remington's intentions to leave New York, he was aware.
    He suggested the proper channel is to send a letter to the Gov. of Utah and have him court Remington. I sent a letter to the Gov. yesterday.

So what I'm saying is the AZ. connection is no more important than the TX. connection or the TN.Connection or OK. and several others now.
    States are courting Remington. Remington puts around fifty million into the upstate New York economy and employs around 1300(lost the exact figure)
    Anyway, was thinking this sort of business is a shoe in for Utah, and acted upon that.

Doesn't really mean anything at this point,Herbert could not act on the information he has or something might become of it who knows

Maybe Remington has put themselves out there to get some attention from it's home State and nothing more,I don't know but will gladly post if I hear anything back(unlikely)
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

2. Likes bowjunkie liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

and in regards to the fued of words with tom--I've made it a point with him, to not fire unless fired upon(keeping with the theme of the thread)

but once fired upon, I will rise to the task and defend myself(in his case, sink to the level)

I don't see this thread going away until one side or the other is victorious.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

As far as the progressives claims that no ones going to take your guns. This has happened already in New York.

http://www.wwnytv.com/news/local/LeR...185853881.html

gun owners have been contributing to his attorneys fee's

http://www.gofundme.com/1tkukc

I would think there is no shortage of attorneys to do this pro bono.

http://www.drum.army.mil/mountaineer...e.aspx?ID=6283
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

7. Likes double moo liked this post

Re: Assault Weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    As far as the progressives claims that no ones going to take your guns. This has happened already in New York.
    It also happened in New Orleans after Katrina. So the argument they are not coming for all your guns doesn't carry much weight.

Words don't mean shit, action means everything.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

9. Likes bowjunkie liked this post
    The subject is that Remington Arms, after 200 years in New York, is telling cuamo, they've had enough.
    Remington Arms' headquarters hasn't been in New York for some time. North Carolina.

Their ammo is Arkansas. They also have a firearms plant in Kentucky.

This ball kinda started rollin' when the Bushmaster owner sold off his company to the Freedom Group, which also picked up Remington, who was seriously in debt. I don't recall a huge battle cry when they closed the Bushmaster plant in Maine. Or a similar one when Marlin moved.

Tough when business times are a roller coaster. I've always associated Remington with their rifles and shot guns. And, my bet is their sales numbers for those items haven't been great in recent years. What has boomed, despite a lawsuit over Bushmaster (DC sniper) is their military style stuff, methinks. That New York has managed to maintain 1100 relatively high paying manufacturing related jobs through this economy is amazing and, maybe that's partly whats dragging them down? Easy enough to blame it on politics and laws changing. My bet is a look at their books would be fairly interesting.

Note that when Bushmaster closed their doors in Maine it caused, what, maybe 70 people to be out of work?

I dunno. What's more than likely dragging down Remington is that folks just aren't buying their bread and butter products like in years past. Huge competition too from all sorts of sources for rifles and shotguns, foreign and domestic and just not as many people hunt or shoot for fun anymore. It a tough market. Scroll through the Remington website and see the economic incentives the state of New York has given them. Fairly substantial.

Remington is for sale. Wonder how long they'll last and/or who will pick them up? Bain Capitol? Ha ha...

I think its a shame when iconic American companies go out of business. I'm a long time owner and user of Reminton products. My main hunting rifle, no finer off the rack production rifle than a model 700. Have had a Remington 870 since I was a kid and have owned several of them. 11-87 too. And, who ever made a single shot bolt action pistol finer than a Remington? No one. And, ammunition? I still have the leftovers of my dad's case of shotgun shells from the 60's. Paper hulls. Look at the cartridges with "Remington" in the name. Heckuva history.

Anyhoo....I think it ends up being more about economic times as anything. Heavy sigh...

Interesting statement from the Freedom Group:

Cerberus Capital Management Statement Regarding Freedom Group, Inc.
    NEW YORK, Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- We were shocked and deeply saddened by the events that took place at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, CT on December 14, 2012. We cannot comprehend the losses suffered by the families and friends of those killed by the unthinkable crimes committed that day. No words or actions can lessen the enormity of this event or make a dent in the pain that was inflicted on so many.
    In 2006 affiliates of Cerberus Capital Management, L.P. made a financial investment in Freedom Group. Freedom Group does not sell weapons or ammunition directly to consumers, through gun shows or otherwise. Sales are made only to federally licensed firearms dealers and distributors in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We do not believe that Freedom Group or any single company or individual can prevent senseless violence or the illegal use or procurement of firearms and ammunition.
    It is apparent that the Sandy Hook tragedy was a watershed event that has raised the national debate on gun control to an unprecedented level. The debate essentially focuses on the balance between public safety and the scope of the Constitutional rights under the Second Amendment. As a Firm, we are investors, not statesmen or policy makers. Our role is to make investments on behalf of our clients who are comprised of the pension plans of firemen, teachers, policemen and other municipal workers and unions, endowments, and other institutions and individuals. It is not our role to take positions, or attempt to shape or influence the gun control policy debate. That is the job of our federal and state legislators.
    There are, however, actions that we as a firm can take. Accordingly, we have determined to immediately engage in a formal process to sell our investment in Freedom Group. We will retain a financial advisor to design and execute a process to sell our interests in Freedom Group, and we will then return that capital to our investors. We believe that this decision allows us to meet our obligations to the investors whose interests we are entrusted to protect without being drawn into the national debate that is more properly pursued by those with the formal charter and public responsibility to do so.
    Our thoughts and prayers are with the families and communities impacted by this tragic and devastating event.

yes, brian the original post provided a link in regards to a Remington manufacturing plant.

All of my correspondence has been in this regard.

Nothing mentioned about a headquarters move or that their Headquarters was in NY.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Heres the link that was included in my original post, ya probably just missed it.........

http://www.wktv.com/news/politics/Re...189105181.html
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC View Post
    The debate essentially focuses on the balance between public safety and the scope of the Constitutional rights under the Second Amendment. As a Firm, we are investors, not statesmen or policy makers. Our role is to make investments on behalf of our clients who are comprised of the pension plans of firemen, teachers, policemen and other municipal workers and unions, endowments, and other institutions and individuals. It is not our role to take positions, or attempt to shape or influence the gun control policy debate.

I doubt Freedom Group will have any trouble finding a suitable buyer. It would be nice if they found an owner that loved the 2nd Amendment and was committed to getting Remington Arms back to being a premier American gun maker again.

Barnes Bullets in Mona is also part of the Freedom Group family.

Watch New York, blood is boiling. Not allowed to open the meeting with the pledge of allegiance, didn't start things off right.

A mere tip of the iceberg!! Patriots

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

16. Likes 2065toyota, Byron liked this post
    Watch New York, blood is boiling. Not allowed to open the meeting with the pledge of allegiance, didn't start things off right.

A mere tip of the iceberg!! Patriots

Debate is not allowed, as they passed the law without thinking it through but it doesn't matter...and BTW, we can't answer most of your questions either.

Politicians, generally speaking, are scum...but the liberals are truly at the very bottom of the outhouse. Once again, elections matter.

There's no way in hell the Governor or the stinking mayor of New York would face these people...it's too bad they interpret the "will of the people" without really regarding them, but then again, the next time these bozos are up for reelection the results will tell exactly what the deal is...are they right or wrong in making these laws? I hope to God the people there throw the bums out.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

18. Likes BruteForce liked this post

Assault Weapons?

This thread makes me feel...

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359928598.613592.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  28.8 KB

James

http://www.deadseriousnews.com/tired...ssault-rifles/

Stumbled upon this and thought of this thread?
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!

2008 V2K Classic LT
    2004 Toyota Tacoma
    Schwinn Homegrown
    CouchSurfing
    Patriot Guard Riders

Quote Originally Posted by Pelon1 View Post
    http://www.deadseriousnews.com/tired...ssault-rifles/

Stumbled upon this and thought of this thread?
    So it is not a gun problem but a small penis problem, very interesting. I think the kind doctor in Beverly Hills 90210 has a great idea. Way better than a gun buy back. Maybe the new norm will be 12 inch members.... I wonder in a cost comparison if it would be cheaper for me to buy an rifle...
    So, Kid, you think you got what it takes to be a Punch King?

Re: Assault Weapons?

Will there be restrictions on rapid fire units?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I appears the attempt to ban "Assault Weapons" has been side tracked and is NOT going to happen. The gun control crowd finally wised up and noticed if they kept piling more crap on the wagon they were going to get nothing. It now appears they are going to attempt to go after the items they think they actually have a shot at... and the number one item on that list is universal firearm registration.

And just for the record.... never in the history of the world has there ever been a universal firearm registration that was not followed by confiscation.

24. Likes bowjunkie liked this post
    Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    universal firearm registration that was not followed by confiscation.

This would not end well, especially at my residence.

Doubtful it would come to this, because most FLEO, LEO, Military, former Military are gun owners and know each other. Small communities..
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Assault Weapons?

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360110024.443333.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  27.0 KB

Old lefty shoots a gun, debate over!

James

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    and the number one item on that list is universal firearm registration.
    I would think that this would be even more unpopular than banning assault weapons. Even the fence riders don't want the feds knowing about their over/under shotgun.