Thread: Mountaineering Clothing

Mountaineering Clothing

Hello all, I am new to the Bogley community, was just curiouse as to what everyone was wearing for their mountaineering expeditions. I currently have a mish mash of gear, it would take tooo long to list it all. But I would love to know what gear you guys have tried and tested and would reccomend. Thanks for the help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Really depends on where and when you're going on an "expedition".

Base, mid, wind/wet and insulating layers. The types and thickness depending on where and when.

Agree with Brian. I use a lot of REI brand gear, and North face myself. I am really happy with the performance of my REI Down jacket and NF shell. If i could I would probably go Mountain Hardware everything as the few pieces I have from them perform wonderfully.
    Riverside Mountain Rescue Unit
    http://www.rmru.org/

Personal Website
    http://www.DrunkRedDragon.com/adventures.htm

Ive been looking at lots of different gear, spent a lot of time at REI... I have some Arc'teryx gear that I really like, but that stuff is just so expensive. Anyone know of some gear that would be similar quality to Arc'teryx but a bit cheaper???

Quote Originally Posted by goindeep View Post
    Ive been looking at lots of different gear, spent a lot of time at REI... I have some Arc'teryx gear that I really like, but that stuff is just so expensive. Anyone know of some gear that would be similar quality to Arc'teryx but a bit cheaper???
    Virtually everything on the market is cheaper than dead bird.

Mountaineering Clothing

I'm a marmot, Patagonia, and Arc'teryx guy. My rule is never to pay retail for any of it.

Blog Entries

Mountaineering Clothing

I love my ArcTeryx stuff. Just get a friend or family member who works for backcountry.com because they have incredible pro-deals via 3point5. My brother worked there for 2 years and the pro deals saved me thousands off retail. A nice cardigan jacket retailed for $320 was selling it at $39.99 on the pro-deal (70% usually via the website).

But yea, retail...too expensive.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

I'm looking for a new down in the 800 fill range and a good soft shell. What would everyone recommend?