Thread: Finding Ed Maiers Secret en route to Buckskin Gulch

Rookie
    WEybridge in leafy Surrey about 30 minutes outside of London

Finding Ed Maiers Secret en route to Buckskin Gulch

Hi there,
    will be visiting The Wave on 28th March, would also like to hike to Ed Maiers Secret while in the area.

i believe it can be located just off the Buckskin Gulch hike, but am looking for more detailed gps / other location details.

Any help in this regard would be great!!!
    thanks
    Dezzouk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Getting to Edmaier's is super easy. I was there last weekend and don't use GPS. Essentially start hiking down Buckskin Wash from the Buckskin Gulch trailhead until you reach this big, sand filled wash coming in to the east. You can see the area you're going to from Buckskin.

In case you really want coordinates: 37

Quote Originally Posted by gingerproblems View Post
    Getting to Edmaier's is super easy. I was there last weekend and don't use GPS. Essentially start hiking down Buckskin Wash from the Buckskin Gulch trailhead until you reach this big, sand filled wash coming in to the east. You can see the area you're going to from Buckskin.

In case you really want coordinates: 37
    Hi, what was the rest of the co-ordinates and how long is the hike from Buckskin Gulch TH. How long do you reckon you need once at Ed Maiers?

Blog Entries

Finding Ed Maiers Secret en route to Buckskin Gulch

Quote Originally Posted by kaniukr View Post
    Hi, what was the rest of the co-ordinates and how long is the hike from Buckskin Gulch TH. How long do you reckon you need once at Ed Maiers?
    I'm not sure why the GPS coordinates where removed. I've seen plenty of other topics where the entire GPS coordinate has been removed except for the N37 or something. Perhaps another mod or the poster of the GPS coordinates has removed them??

Anywhere - here go: The location is here: N37° 2'45.08", W111°59'37.72". This is just a few hundred yards from the buckskin gulch trail. It's worth the detour!

And Attached is a KMZ file (Google Earth file) which might be a good visual aid for the area.

PS - about a 1/4 mile or so, south of the prominent point of Ed Maier's secret, is a waterpocket ephemeral pool which feels great to soak your feet in for awhile, if it hasn't already dried up...especially by this time of year. But you never know.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

I don't think anyone is removing GPS coordinates as that is against Bogley policy and only a couple people actually have the power to actually do it. If the coordinates are not posting it has to be user error or software error causing it.