Thread: "Anasazi Strip" is Here!

"Anasazi Strip" is Here!

Name:  BookCoverImage.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  107.2 KBAnasazi Strip is set in the isolated area north of the Grand Canyon known as the Arizona Strip, a spectacular land of redrock and forgotten civilizations.

This is the first book in the Jenny Hatch mystery series, featuring Forest Service archaeologist Jenny Hatch, a tough red-haired investigator who has dedicated her life to unraveling the mysteries of the ancient Anasazi.

Anasazi Strip takes us through strange lands rarely seen – Western Grand Canyon, the Kaibab National Forest, the Paiute Indian Reservation, uranium mines, small Mormon towns, Lake Powell, the underground art world where Indian artifacts fetch big money from anonymous buyers from around the globe, and the forbidding Paria Plateau where all hell breaks loose at the Burial of the Magician.

Along the way we meet many colorful characters that seem to leap off the page - brave cowboys, dying Indians, the unluckiest birdwatcher on earth, drug-crazed bikers, Jack Mormons, eco-terrorists, a soul-catching Killer who knows the Ritual of the Feather and Fur, and the unstoppable Jenny Hatch who enters the spirit world and comes out on the other side.
    You can purchase “Anasazi Strip” through:

Amazon Books: http://www.amazon.com/Anasazi-Strip-...=Anasazi+Strip

or
    CreateSpace eStore: https://www.createspace.com/3907644

Kindle will be ready shortly.

Cheers!

STEVE CARR

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks Steve, sounds intriguing, I'll check it out.

Also, the amazon link is dead.

Is that False Kiva on the front cover?

-Sam

Years ago, I took a Louis L'Amour book with me on a long backpack...it was titled "Haunted Mesa". It was so awful I threw it in the fire about 10 pages from the end. I just couldn't take it anymore. Anyone that has read that one certainly understands what I'm talking about. A piece of garbage right up there with Abbey's "Good News". I'm a bit dubious about "western science fiction".
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Yes it is a complilation of several false kiva shots.

I've never read L'Amour. Abbey was my friend and while I will agree that some of his later projects were a bit soft, "Desert Solitaire" and "The Monkey Wrench Gang" were good reads. My book is sort of a cross between Hillerman and Hunter Thompson. And I spent 15 years living a lot of the story @ Grand Canyon. So, it's pretty much spot-on.