Thread: Tierdrop

Tierdrop

Steph and I checked out Tierdrop on November 30th, 2012. It is a great route to do in combination with U-Turn.

Tierdrop is a simple route with some fantastic views. The final rappel makes it worth the journey.

FWIW, if you do Tierdrop, consider extending the first anchor down the slickrock face. It will require at least at least an extra 50 feet of webbing, but will make the rope pull much more pleasant.

It's tough to create a really great video out of this route. It's short, and there isn't any water to jump into.

I'd be happy to donate this video to climb-utah if Ice deems it worthy.

Bob

http://amazingslots.blogspot.com/2012/11/tierdrop.html
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries

Tierdrop

For the young and dumb (like me) like my group, we downclimb that first "rappel" to speed things up. But don't do it if you are not comfortable obviously.

Btw - does your wife's helmet fit her head? It looks like its gangsta style ( crooked) the entire time.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    For the young and dumb (like me) like my group, we downclimb that first "rappel" to speed things up. But don't do it if you are not comfortable obviously.

Btw - does your wife's helmet fit her head? It looks like its gangsta style ( crooked) the entire time.
    Ya, looks downclimbable. Penalty points don't look too bad.

She'll cinch it down when it's time to be serious, but she has a good head of hair, and likes her helmet loose, so it's "gangsta" most of the time.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

Re: Tierdrop

I'd love to add the video to climb-utah. I'll get it up some time this week.

FYI all videos added are uploaded to the climb-utah channel so they are easy for me to manage. The video will be attributed to you.

Sent using Tapatalk

6. Likes Slot Machine liked this post
    Slotmachine... where is the HD version of this video? The version on YouTube is only 480p.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Slotmachine... where is the HD version of this video? The version on YouTube is only 480p.
    I shot the video in 960p, edited it on iMovie then posted the "large" format on YouTube. I'm not sure why it is only playing in 480p.

Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post
    I'm not sure why it is only playing in 480p.
    The reason it's playing in 480p on YouTube is because the 480P version is all that was uploaded. I'm guessing you saved the video in 480 somehow with iMovie. Maybe someone familiar with iMovie can tell you how to get the HD version. I know in the editing software I use (Cyber Director) it's just the flip of a switch.

You are shooting in HD, you really want to make sure the video's you create and save are also HD.

When you "export" the iMovie project you should be asked how you wanted the project exported. (the old iMove only exported up to 780p. The new iMovie now exports in 1080p)

If you use the "Upload to YouTube" button, I am not sure what quality that exports as.
    CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

Re: Tierdrop

YouTube uploads in whatever format the movie is in, no need to do anything.

When you watch a video on YouTube you can choose the resolution you want, just click on the setting button in the bottom of the screen.

Sent using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    When you "export" the iMovie project you should be asked how you wanted the project exported. (the old iMove only exported up to 780p. The new iMovie now exports in 1080p)

If you use the "Upload to YouTube" button, I am not sure what quality that exports as.
    Sorry, I was being confusing.... There is a button in iMove that lets you export directly to YouTube. If that is used, I am not sure what quality of video it uploads as. If you export the video file to your computer first and then upload to YouTube, then yes, you are absolutely correct!
    CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

Gotcha

I was curious what Cyber Director did so I checked. It's uploads in whatever the original GoPro footage was (unless you select otherwise) but it does render the video to WMV format to upload to youtube (not sure why).

Fixed it!

I didn't import the video in it's "orginal size" on my first attempt, my iMovie defaulted to "large" (960x540), so I just redid it. It will be available in 720p in just a few minutes.

Sweet Post the link when it is up.

Much better