Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zion - Sidewinder

Zion - Sidewinder

What happened to the Sidewinder TR that was posted on Bogley a few days ago?

[QUOTE]Trip Report Sidewinder 12/3/12www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?66665-Sidewinder...CachedShare
    Shared on Google+. View the post.
    You +1'd this publicly. Undo
    Dec 2, 2012

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

I sense a 5 page thread coming on....

Actually I take that back. Kody is just too easy going and chill to get along with. I do recall that TR though, bummed I missed out going, looked like they had fun.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

show don't tell ???

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    I sense a 5 page thread coming on....
    I sense a canyon has just moved to the top of my must beta list. Having goals keeps me going strong.

7. Likes Slot Machine, Udink, Kuya liked this post
    @2065toyota , man I would be pretty upset if my TR just vanished. Especially after you put together such a good one. I'm not picking on you man, you seem like a great guy, but what is going on here?

Also, I have been told explicitly by Bogley mods, that no thread should ever be deleted, no matter the reason. This issue is a big deal to me since I spent much time and energy trying to get one particular thread deleted. I'm a HUGE fan of the mods around here, and I'm not picking on you either, but what say you mods?

Bob
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post
    Also, I have been told explicitly by Bogley mods, that no thread should ever be deleted, no matter the reason.
    really? that sounds extreme. i delete spam threads whenever i see them. i don't see why they shouldn't be deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by stefan View Post
    really? that sounds extreme. i delete spam threads whenever i see them. i don't see why they shouldn't be deleted.

Was hoping for something a little more constructive for someone on the inside.

Re: Zion - Sidewinder

The thread was deleted by one of the non-canyoneer mods through a misunderstanding/accident/ unintentional deal. He was trying to help someone from his cell phone and suffered a failure. The threads owner was aware of the incedent when it happened. I became aware of the problem when someone PMed me asking WTF.

As a general rule non spam items are not deleted. When items are deleted they are supposed to be soft deleted so they can be recovered.

Anyhoo... feel free to discuss Sidewinder here. I've never done the route but ZAC's website says its near Lambs Knoll on the Kolob Terrence Road.

Sent using Tapatalk

---
    Last edited by Slot Machine; 12-11-2012 at 08:26 PM. Reason: accidental misfire, nothing was ever in this post

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    The thread was deleted by one of the non-canyoneer mods through a misunderstanding/accident/unintentional deal.

Why would I be pissed if I requested my own thread to be deleted. There is a very legitimate reason behind it whether you agree with it or not thats not my problem. I wouldn't spend too much time and energy worrying about. I can make you a list of about 100 canyon I would do before this one. There is no harm done to anybody or anything I guess I don't really understand what the underlying issue is here of getting upset

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    The thread was deleted by one of the non-canyoneer mods through a misunderstanding/accident/ unintentional deal.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

17. Likes Slot Machine liked this post

Zion - Sidewinder

Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post

Was hoping for something a little more constructive for someone on the inside.
    sorry, didn't mean too much by it except I'm not really a fan of absolutes. anyone is free to delete their own posts as they wish and, while I agree, for the most part, that threads shouldn't be deleted I wouldn't say never.

Quote Originally Posted by 2065toyota View Post
    There is a very legitimate reason behind it whether you agree with it or not thats not my problem.
    And the reason is?

Quote Originally Posted by stefan View Post
    anyone is free to delete their own posts as they wish
    Wow man, zero for two. Uh, yeah, I was also told that deleting posts is strongly frowned upon, and that the privilege to edit could be taken away if one's editing was detrimental to the site. I effectively, and intentionally crippled a thread that was moving at 1,000 hits a day by doing this. Yeah, bad form. And I later fixed it.

The mods should not delete other peoples threads for sure.

Why do you have a problem with me deleting my own thread. Would you have felt a warm fuzzy feeling if I had left the thread but just deleted all the content of it

What is it that you actually want to know and what is your point?

Re: Zion - Sidewinder

Why do you have a problem with me deleting my own thread. Would you have felt a warm fuzzy feeling if I had left the thread but just deleted all the content of it
    Deleting threads in a form, including your own, is considered bad manners and poor form.... kinda like farting in church, you can do it, but it never goes over well.

And when it comes to beta, deleting always creates a bigger impact than just letting it roll over to page 2.

Sent using Tapatalk

22. Likes Slot Machine liked this post
    Understood

However, it is fun to fart in church because nobody can leave

The mods should not delete other peoples threads for sure.
    Agreed.
    Why do you have a problem with me deleting my own thread.
    Because you can, and I can't. It mattered a while back.
    Would you have felt a warm fuzzy feeling if I had left the thread but just deleted all the content of it
    Man, no need to be snide Kody, I have no beef with you. You would have been just as wrong as I was, when I deleted all of my content from my "interesting" thread.
    What is it that you actually want to know and what is your point?
    I simply want to know why the thread was deleted. My point is you shouldn't get privileges that I don't get.

Answered all of your questions. Now... will you answer mine?