Thread: 11/10/12 Left, Middle and Right Leprechaun

Blog Entries

11/10/12 Left, Middle and Right Leprechaun

Jeff and a few of his buddies completed all three forks of Leprechaun's a few weeks ago and here is the videos from all three.

Just a FYI on Jeff. Jeff is the one holding the GoPro. I'm just his puppeteer on Bogley. Jeff and I are very good friends and do many canyons together. I wasn't able to go on this trip unfortunately, as I love the North Wash - darn you 2nd shift!! Just one more month....

Anywho, I know that some of you don't like his filming - sped up 2x. However, keep in mind that Jeff's sole purpose of his videos are to capture the full canyon from BEGINNING to END. We are currently working on a website that will facilitate his 50+ recorded canyon adventures on his GoPro (including many of his How-To videos as well). That way if you are about to do a canyon and want to see what it looks like in it's entirety - well, than Jeff is a pioneer in these full-canyon length vids category.

There are lot of videos that highlight certain areas canyon and those are great. But those don't offer the full-view unlike Jeff's vids. And Jeff puts in a lot of work on these videos so he can help benefit the canyoneering community. We believe strongly that the more information the better and more safe the journey can be for those who are planning to explore the canyons.

Alrighty....enough rambling...

Enjoy!

Left Fork of Leprechaun AKA "Shamrock"

Middle Fork of Leprechaun AKA "Shimrock"

Right Fork of Leprechaun AKA "Upper Leprechaun"

FWIW, For those of you who have not done the Leprechaun system, all 3 have the same approach and ending. And the middle fork is hardest out of the 3. Tight, skinny, and awkward rappel but incredibly fun!
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks for explaining who Jeff is. You talking in third person was getting to be worrisome.
    Jeff's videos are very interesting. Perhaps, Jeff, the complete canyon filmer, should partner with Luke, the leave no stone unbetaed webmaster.
    Seriously, it is a great service for those who want to know before they go.
    Penny

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Anywho, I know that some of you don't like his filming - sped up 2x.
    what? That is why I like his videos! Makes it a little bit more fun to look at :)
    CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by penmartens View Post
    Thanks for explaining who Jeff is. You talking in third person was getting to be worrisome.
    Jeff's videos are very interesting. Perhaps, Jeff, the complete canyon filmer, should partner with Luke, the leave no stone unbetaed webmaster.
    Seriously, it is a great service for those who want to know before they go.
    Penny
    LOL. I had a few PMs asking me who Jeff is so there ya go Penny. Luke has been very helpful with his beta to the community posting the "other canyons" besides the trade-routes. We're not sure on the website still of how we want to manage it though. I'll keep your suggestion in mind though.

Thanks for watching though! And if you want another fun video not related to canyoneering - I'll be posting another one of him in the Spanish Moss Cave in the Caving section in about 5mins. Tight stuff in there.

Edit: included the link above to the cave
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    what? That is why I like his videos! Makes it a little bit more fun to look at :)
    Thanks! I really like his style too. It's short enough but he includes the full canyon and slows-down on the fun parts.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Thanks! I really like his style too. It's short enough but he includes the full canyon and slows-down on the fun parts.
    Me too. Too much fun!!! Makes me laugh every time.

By the by...

After years of maneuvering and negotiations, Ice and I settled on calling the Leps: West, Middle and East. It would be great if other content providers would do the same.

Got some rope grooves going there, one rappel, (1:09 ???) because the webbing was not extended far enough. Quite a few grooves are showing up in the Leps due to short webbing - would be nice if EVERYONE made an effort to rig the anchors so as to avoid making the rope grooves worse.

Thanks.

Tom

8. Likes Mountaineer, gingerproblems liked this post
    Laughing and lovin it- keep it up - doing great work. Couple of things. Between the speed and great music on Mid Lep he makes that sucker look easy. Which it is NOT. I've done it 3 times and several companions swear they will never do again.

And Wow, what did I miss in Right/East Lep? Only time thru we slide into canyon at their 1:55 mark. Missed the whole upper canyon, duh!!

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    After years of maneuvering and negotiations, Ice and I settled on calling the Leps: West, Middle and East. It would be great if other content providers would do the same. Tom
    Oh, and good luck with that!

Alan

Blog Entries

11/10/12 Left, Middle and Right Leprechaun

Btw Tom, Jeff said he met you and Ram during that trip with Shaun. He said RAM recognized him though from the vids.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Btw Tom, Jeff said he met you and Ram during that trip with Shaun. He said RAM recognized him though from the vids.
    Ahhhhh, which explains why they kept off to themselves...

Ram has the advantage of having a working memory, something I seem to be missing.

Tom

@jman, I was watching ASU v ND game and thought.....hey, I need to do the Irish canyons; which brought an immediate search on Bogley and I found this thread. These vids are great. What good beta! If a pic is a thousand words then a vid top to bottom is that to the 4th power. Thanks again and please tell your friend thanks.