Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Firearms Permit

Concealed Firearms Permit

Here's a good deal. $20 for a 4-Hour Concealed Firearms Permit Class with Passport & Fingerprint Card

http://www.ksl.com/public/deal/show/...616.602.141802

Details
    This is a fun and interactive class, with participation encouraged. It is a one day, four-hour course, which is required in order to apply for your Utah Concealed Firearms Permit. It is taught by an active police officer Dan Willoughby, NRA Certified, and BCI certified instructor who covers state laws and safety practices along with the proper way to handle revolvers and semiautomatic pistols and their ammunition.

Offer includes:
    One day, 4-hour Basic Pistol Course which includes:
    Application
    Fingerprint Card
    Passport Photo

Restrictions
    Advanced registration required.
    Expires May 31, 2013
    May purchase as many vouchers as needed. May buy additional as gifts.
    Only people 21 or older can apply for a Concealed Weapons Permit, however, younger people are welcome to come to the class to observe for no charge.
    Purchased voucher is valid starting December 5, 2012
    Purchased voucher expires on May 31, 2013

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

"Advanced registration required" - Does that mean you're required to register for an advanced course beyond this basic one?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Re: Concealed Firearms Permit

No, that means you make a reservation to take a class at a future date.

The class is good for anyone to take. You will learn at lot even if you don't plan to carry. Much of the class covers your rights to defend your self, home and family. It also covers what not to do. $20 is the cost of a movie, and the class is at least as entertaining.

Sent using Tapatalk

i just applied for my ccw in arizona, in early nov. turns out i did not need to take a class at all. they accepted my hunter safety course that i did in 1981 as good enough to meet the requirements. application was only $60. now to wait the 60 days.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by denaliguide View Post
    i just applied for my ccw in arizona, in early nov. turns out i did not need to take a class at all. they accepted my hunter safety course that i did in 1981 as good enough to meet the requirements. application was only $60. now to wait the 60 days.
    I believe Az CC is good in several states that don't honor Utah's, NV and NM come to mind...
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

I must be mistaken or you are. I bought my first handgun today. A Sprinfield 9mm XD. The guy at the counter told me that AZ did away with CCP. You don't need one to pack heat here in Arizona.

if you are an in state resident of arizona you do not need a permit to carry concealed in arizona. if you want to carry concealed outside of state of arizona then you need the arizona ccw permit to carry in states with reciprocity. open carry is legal for residents and non-residents. the law in alaska is the same. i am an alaska resident, applied for my arizona ccw and had it sent to colorado (it came today actually!!. 30 days to the day).
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedus View Post
    I must be mistaken or you are. I bought my first handgun today. A Sprinfield 9mm XD. The guy at the counter told me that AZ did away with CCP. You don't need one to pack heat here in Arizona.
    Welcome to the first handgun club. Got mine just 3 days ago.

I maintain a Utah CCP even though I'm a WA state resident. At the time I moved up here, the WA permit wasn't reciprocated as well as the Utah one is.

I have a GA CCP and all that's required is a background check and a fee, no training class. I wish they did require a class, but in GA you can carry in a vehicle glovebox or console without a permit - so if you just want to do drive by's you're all set.
    Charlie...
    Stalking Light

Quote Originally Posted by cchoc View Post
    ...but in GA you can carry in a vehicle glovebox or console without a permit - so if you just want to do drive by's you're all set.
    Same in Utah, I think?

Carrying in Vehicles

A person may not carry a loaded weapon in a vehicle unless they have a valid permit to carry or:

• They are at least 18 years old and
    • Has lawful possession of the vehicle or consent of the person who has lawful possession of the vehicle and
    • The weapon is not a rifle, shotgun or muzzle-loading rifle

It is lawful for a person with a concealed firearms permit to carry a firearm into a bus terminal.
    It is lawful for a person with a concealed firearm permit to board a bus or a train or enter a terminal with a firearm upon their person or effects. This also applies to law enforcement officers or commercial security personnel with firearms used in their employment.
    Laws governing the use of concealed firearms differ from state to state. It is important to understand the laws to ensure that your actions are in compliance with Utah law.
    Sources: 53-5-704 Division duties - Utah Code

[QUOTE=Brian in SLC;519687]Carrying in Vehicles

A person may not carry a loaded weapon in a vehicle unless they have a valid permit to carry or:

• They are at least 18 years old and
    • Has lawful possession of the vehicle or consent of the person who has lawful possession of the vehicle and
    • The weapon is not a rifle, shotgun or muzzle-loading rifle

It is lawful for a person with a concealed firearms permit to carry a firearm into a bus terminal.
    It is lawful for a person with a concealed firearm permit to board a bus or a train or enter a terminal with a firearm upon their person or effects. This also applies to law enforcement officers or commercial security personnel with firearms used in their employment.
    Laws governing the use of concealed firearms differ from state to state. It is important to understand the laws to ensure that your actions are in compliance with Utah law.
    Sources: 53-5-704 Division duties - Utah Code

That is a good deal. I forwarded it to a few friends. For what it's worth, I have been pulled over for speeding 3 times in the last 7 years, only received warnings. I believe this was in part because I have a permit.
    Let's Roll

$20 is a good deal for the class. Most courses I've seen offered are anywhere from $35-60 for the same 4 hour block, fingerprints, photo, etc. Glad to see the price in a more affordable range.

Here is anther good deal on obtaining a Utah Concealed Carry Permit.

Groupon Utah CCP

The cost is only $20.

I'm in New York City and I don't have a gun. This sucks!
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

JSYK -- if you want to register for this class you'd better do it ASAP. The seats fill up fast. I registered for the class back the first week of December and the next available class was the 3rd week of February....and that was before the Newton fiasco.

Re: Concealed Firearms Permit

The CCP class is worthwhile, even if you have no intention of carrying. It's good to just know and understand your rights and the law. It's certainly worth the $20 just for the entertainment value.

Sent using Tapatalk