Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Concealed Firearms Permit

I was told Groupon will no longer permit firearm related promotions such as the Concealed Carry Permit discount noted above in the thread. I sent off the following email this morning noting my reactions.

It is my understanding that Groupon will no longer be promoting firearm training and target practice by those legally allowed to carry firearms. If this is the case I will no longer support Groupon and will encourage others to follow suit. I value my 2nd Amendment rights and believe proper firearm training reduces accidents and promotes responsible ownership.
    If you want to send a similar email this is the link:
    http://www.groupon.com/helpcenter

The contact customer service button is located on the left side of the page.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

And the reply I received from Groupon:

Hi Shane,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us.

We understand that this is a sensitive topic, and that some of our customers may not agree with our choice to pause the promotion of firearm-related deals. Groupon has always aimed to offer a diverse range of products and services to meet the various tastes and interests of our subscribers. However, at this time, enough customers and merchants have voiced their opinions that we believe a hiatus is warranted.

Please note that we have never sold guns, and this hiatus only applies to firearm-related deals including shooting ranges, clay pigeon shooting, and concealed weapons training classes. We have not made a final determination regarding this category -- we are simply taking a break and may reevaluate in the future.

We genuinely appreciate your opinion and the feedback you've given us. I'll be sure to share your comments with the appropriate people.

Regards,

Nicholas I
    Groupon Customer Support

Concealed Firearms Permit

Seems backwards that they'd suspend deals on training with all the new gun owners out there. I'd think we all would want everyone possible to get training.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Charlie...
    Stalking Light

5. Likes rockgremlin liked this post

Amazon local deals has still been doing them :)
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

8. Likes double moo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.N.E. View Post

Bad news...thanks for the heads up.

Wow. Interesting timing, I just completed the AZ fingerprints and training a week ago. Oh well. M

Thanks for the heads up.

From wnorton using an iPad and Tapatalk HD.

Utah is on the verge of becoming a constitutional carry state. The bill passed the house and should be a slam dunk in the senate.

This will also make Utah the first state to score a perfect -2. The lowest score possible from the Brady gun control crowd. We get the -2 because we also allow CC in public schools with a CCP.

I love living in Utah :-)

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I haven't seen the final bill.

Last I heard was it was amended so that Constitutional carry was "unloaded" only.

To carry a loaded gun would still require a CC.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

"Unloaded" is a little misleading, at least to those outside the state. Unloaded in Utah means you can't have a round in the chamber, but you can have a fully load magazine in the firearm. I have no issues with that, racking a slide or flipping a safty makes no difference to me. And we still have our CC permit available, which offers additional benefits, including carrying loaded.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    "Unloaded" is a little misleading, at least to those outside the state. Unloaded in Utah means you can't have a round in the chamber, but you can have a fully load magazine in the firearm. I have no issues with that, racking a slide or flipping a safty makes no difference to me. And we still have our CC permit available, which offers additional benefits, including carrying loaded.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3
    Gotta love 2 steps... pull back the slide.. pull the trigger :)

Don't forget the benefit of being able to carry in a school zone.. Without the CCP you cannot carry within a school zone open or concealed and the new law does not change this.
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

An episode of grumpy old men...

69-year-old man with concealed carry permit pulls gun on couple during road rage incident

MAGNA, Utah (ABC4 News) – A 69-year-old man with a concealed carry permit was arrested Sunday after police said he pulled a gun on a couple after they confronted him about his aggressive driving.

According to arresting documents, police responded to a road rage incident on Sunday near 8800 West 3100 South after callers said Rocky Conner was driving aggressive and nearly hit two pedestrians crossing the street.

One woman honked and yelled at the man for his aggressive driving and to pay attention, documents state. Conner then stopped and backed his vehicle up in front of the woman’s car, exited his vehicle with a black hand gun and pointed it in her direction.

Conner then approached the woman on foot, and while holding the gun in his right hand reached into her car and grabbed their phone from her hand. Arresting documents state the woman gripped her phone and would not allow Conner to take it from her. Conner told the woman “‘I’ll show you to pay attention” and pointed the gun at her.

The woman told police she feared for her life.

Police said Conner then got brown paper towels from his car and covered his license plate and drove off.

The woman took a photo of Conner as he was concealing his plate number.

Police were able to identify the suspect in the road rage as Conner. His vehicle was found parked at a local emergency room.

When officers asked Conner to explain his actions, they say he admitted to getting into an argument with the woman and pulled out his black pistol.

Conner said he was in fear for his safety when a second witness, believed to be a passenger in the woman’s car, exited the vehicle and approached him. He thought the man had a gun but as it turned out, it was a cell phone.

Conner admitted to waving the gun in the air and did reach into the woman’s driver’s side window to take away her phone. He also admitted to concealing his plate number with paper towels, according to documents.

When asked why he covered his plate, Conner said to save him time. Conner admitted to losing control and took it to far, documents state.

During a search of Conner’s vehicle, a black pistol was recovered from the center console with his concealed weapon’s permit on top.

Conner faces one count first-degree felony aggravated robbery with a weapon and misdemeanor charges of threat or use of a dangerous weapon in a fight and obstruction of justice.

https://www.abc4.com/news/local-news...rage-incident/

Those are some heavy charges.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

He just got out of church and was pissed off at the Liberal talking points

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    He just got out of church and was pissed off at the Liberal talking points
    I knew what I said went completely over your head... as the liberal pandering has nothing to do with the Church sermon, and everything to do with the left turn in their business model. And make no mistake, the LDS Church is big business.

Climb-Utah.com