Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead

Walking Dead

Anyone hear a fan of "Walking Dead"?

I have never missed a show and this year has been the best yet.... for those that haven't seen the show let me bring you up to speed....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

F-bomb (multiple) equals rubbish bin....

Please
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Ahahahah! I was LOLing through all of these, but this one really rings true.
    Blog | FB

5. Likes mattandersao liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Udink View Post
    Ahahahah! I was LOLing through all of these, but this one really rings true.
    Dead on with this, I was LOLing as well. I haven't missed one episode of season three.

Bummed that we gotta wait till February for the continuation...

FOR SCOTT CARD after you read all those nasty swear words: http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.js...004d82620aRCRD

Please...keep freedom of speech free...

It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    FOR SCOTT CARD after you read all those nasty swear words: http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.js...004d82620aRCRD

Please...keep freedom of speech free...

Someone doesn't understand freedom of speech. A little reminder about me, I protect that freedom for my clients if not daily, at least weekly. You are preaching to the choir there brother.

The rules of Bogley, if I remember correctly as outlined from the beginning by Sombeech and Acca said no F-bombs and no nudity in the general section, in other words, family friendly. (Haven't we plowed this row a dozen times?)

I have kids. I have an office. I don't care to have this stuff pop up on my screen unexpectedly. I am just asking ya'll to respect the rules of the general forum. Cuss away in the rubbish bin -- you have that right.
    Life is Good

I don't think anybody who watches The Walking Dead would be surprised in the least to see the F-bomb in this thread -- it's a common vocabulary word used on the show. That said, why would you click on this thread if you thought maybe there might be a chance of seeing something offensive? "The Walking Dead" doesn't sound like a thread title inviting purity and morality. I hardly think this thread is rated R...maybe PG13 at worst.

I don't think anybody who watches The Walking Dead would be surprised in the least to see the F-bomb in this thread -- it's a common vocabulary word used on the show. That said, why would you click on this thread if you thought maybe there might be a chance of seeing something offensive? "The Walking Dead" doesn't sound like a thread title inviting purity and morality. I hardly think this thread is rated R...maybe PG13 at worst.
    I beg to differ. I've watched every episode and have never heard the f-bomb. I've heard other words you couldn't get away with on network TV but, never that.
    Are we there yet?

10. Likes mattandersao liked this post
    Go back and watch again. It's dropped a lot.

One question for Scott - is this a public or private forum?

Sorry, still disagree. If they were saying it a lot (or at all) I would have noticed. Mostly because my wife (who doesn't watch it but can hear it from the other room) would have told me to turn it off (easily offended, sensitive ears).
    Are we there yet?

13. Likes mattandersao liked this post
    Funny that she'd be offended by swears but not by the sound of heads getting splattered open.

15. Likes mattandersao, Deathcricket liked this post
    2010 Walking Dead Profanity - Fans of the comic book series know that the books are filled with strong language. However, this is not the case in the show. The strongest word uttered to date is shit, which is used often. The word nig** is used three times in one episode by Merle, and once in each other season by the same character. There is also frequent use of bitch, ass, bastard, damn, hell, and religious remarks. An inmate at a prison says "pussy" and "jerk off" in the same episode.

Here is the 2010 parental guide to the show:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1520211/parentalguide

One question for Scott - is this a public or private forum?
    Public. But you are missing the point, Rock. We established (not really "we", I bought into the rules established by others) rules at the beginning of this site that were meant to keep certain forums family friendly. We have been mostly self-policing. However, sometimes some here step over the line that was established by the Bogley Big Wigs and I am simply trying to preserve the integrity of the site so it doesn't devolve into one big rubbish bin.
    Life is Good

No F bombs are dropped in the Walking Dead in the last half of the first season, second season, nor third season. I thought I recalled some being dropped in the first couple of episodes but I could be wrong. Those could have been the pilot episodes and they weren't sure which network was going to air the series maybe.

I am currently typing this from a computer in an Elementary School computer lab, I'm sitting on the back row and the lab is full of 7 year olds who can read the big bold white letters.

While I appreciate this type of humor as much as anybody, I would also ask that it be bleeped out or moved to the Rubbish Bin. I'd like to freely roam the "public" sections of bogley while here at work amongst children.

I have also watched every single episode and can add to this list, and have made a few memes of my own. But I'd like them to be enjoyed by everybody.

19. Likes Scott Card liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    Public. But you are missing the point, Rock. We established (not really "we", I bought into the rules established by others) rules at the beginning of this site that were meant to keep certain forums family friendly. We have been mostly self-policing. However, sometimes some here step over the line that was established by the Bogley Big Wigs and I am simply trying to preserve the integrity of the site so it doesn't devolve into one big rubbish bin.

So basically, not posting threads containing the F bomb in the general section is really just a courtesy. The freedom to say anything is still intact but will be frowned upon, particularly by the PG police (i.e. YOU).

And I could've sworn the F bomb being dropped several times, especially by Daryl and Merle. If not, I stand corrected.

In other news, did anybody else see this: http://starcasm.net/archives/172294

^^^The gentle veterinarian getting busted for DUI...oops.

And I could've sworn the F bomb being dropped several times, especially by Daryl and Merle. If not, I stand corrected.

Yeah I really thought so too

Im with Scott on this one. I have never watched one episode of Walking Dead, but was curious as to what the thread was about. (Another thread like this got me started on Breaking Bad and I spent 7 days of my life glued to the TV till I finished it) I opened it to find the first page with a big capital F-bomb. Not exactly general forum content Rock. Keep that stuff in the basement.

So basically, not posting threads containing the F bomb in the general section is really just a courtesy. The freedom to say anything is still intact but will be frowned upon, particularly by the PG police (i.e. YOU).
    ^^^THIS^^^

I considered the F-bombs at the time I posted the thread, and in my infinite wisdom I decided the thread offered more than enough cannon fodder to the forum to offset a couple bad words.... it was a judgement call... if one of the other mods thinks it's a little too much they are welcome to relocate the thread.

FWIW: While we try and keep this forum rated PG/PG-13, it is certainly not a place children should be hanging out.

Name:  squirrels.jpg
Views: 3736
Size:  48.5 KB

^^^THIS^^^

I considered the F-bombs at the time I posted the thread, and in my infinite wisdom I decided the thread offered more than enough cannon fodder to the forum to offset a couple bad words.... it was a judgement call... if one of the other mods thinks it's a little too much they are welcome to relocate the thread.

FWIW: While we try and keep this forum rated PG/PG-13, it is certainly not a place children should be hanging out.
    That is unfortunate. If this is the direction of this site that would be different from the original intent and an unwelcome change in my opinion.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    That is unfortunate. If this is the direction of this site that would be different from the original intent and an unwelcome change in my opinion.
    Nothing has changed.... the site has been sailing in the same direction for the past 10 years and isn't going to change. The forum has never catered to children or been politically correct. There has always been some borderline items that gets someone's panties in a bunch, which is part of the charm, or not...

CODE OF CONDUCT:

X -- Insults and Personal Attacks. Direct personal insults to another member are NOT allowed, i.e., "You are an idiot." and all such variations. Why? Because this isn't grade school. People should be able to discuss or even dispute each other's posts without insulting one another, and the only purpose of a post like this is to incite. There are a lot of other non-direct-personal insults, such as, "that is an idiotic comment." These should be used sparingly and mildly, should avoid the direct-personal-insult, and should be followed by meaningful dialogue.

X -- Be Sincere. Don't post just to get people riled up. Don't disrupt the purpose of the forum, which is to foster genuine and, where possible, constructive dialogue between people of opposing ideologies.

X -- Extreme Expletives. No excessive cursing or swearing. This is tolerated to some degree, but please refrain from using the really 'strong words.'

X -- Sexual Content or Images. This forum is intended to be family and work safe. Posting pictures with nudity is prohibited. Sexual content or dialogue should be used with caution. Just think, would I want my grandma to read that?

X -- Misrepresentation. Do not post messages that contain intentional misrepresentation of facts or intentionally distort the truth. Knowingly posting false information is also prohibited. Additionally, be critical of dubious websites used to support facts.

X -- Misdirection. Do not change the subject of a thread or post or otherwise misdirect a discussion.

X -- Discrimination. Racism, discrimination or promoting hate towards anyone based on race, gender, country of origin, age, etc. will not be tolerated. You are prohibited from posting any hateful or racially, sexually or ethnically objectionable material. You are welcome to express your opinion on such matters, though if it is believed your agenda is to promote any type of discrimination, your posting privileges will be revoked. As a guide: You should not attack groups or individuals on the basis of prejudices or stereotypes but only on the basis of their demonstrated actions or beliefs.

X -- Trolling and Harassment. Purposely intimidating a particular member and harassing them, or simply posting with the specific intention of angering or deliberately causing negative reactions is prohibited.

X -- Misinterpretation. The lack of aural expression on webforums allows for the possibility of misinterpretation of the meaning of and emotion behind a post. Be aware of how your post might be perceived with respect to the issues mentioned above.

Man times are a changing...

27. Likes Scott Card liked this post