Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need any info on boots

Need any info on boots

2 years ago this Christmas time I decided I wanted to ride.
    I rode for a short time in 1976 and again but with an enduro and mostly street in 1985.
    I jumped the gun and bought an XR650R great bike for its application but not real fun for the trails.
    I needed some gear fast and money was tight so I opted for the Thor Qaud boots that I still ride with now but they have treated me well for under $100 bucks and are designed for atv use.
    The to clips are long gone but the buckles are all there.

Anyway I need some education here boys before I buy my next pair and I'm out for tech 10 or Instincts. As in out of the question I can't plop $600 coin on a new pair for sure.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

This is more to my price range but I just don't know?Name:  FOX boots.png
Views: 734
Size:  130.7 KB
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

I have the older style bericks. I actually got the boots 5 years ago in anticipation of getting a bike. When the time comes, I will probably buy scott or alpine stars models.

Seems most get the Alpinestars and they must be very nice.
    I would not know and that's why I ask.

Need any info on boots

I think I might have those fox boots and they have worked well for me thus far.

They call me Team Husa Fox.

Well hell since your a pro form guy cut me a deal
    But really tell me more, I think that's the direction I'm going at this point.

I got all excited today and thought I had my XR sold only to find out they had called me to come pick up my bike cause the are closing there doors.
    I think this hard times just got extended with the reelection.

Need any info on boots

Yeah pretty sure those are my boots. They will make you faster!

Re: Need any info on boots

Chet has Scott 450 boots and he's had to return them twice. I've had the Alpenstar Tech 3's and they were really good. You can't go wrong with Fox. If I were buying new in this price range that's what I would go with. Keep your toes up! !

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

I rode with Fox boots for a lot of years, the same pair, great boots. When I finally had to replace them, feeling poor at the time I picked up some Thor boots at rocky mountain for around $100. They are the worst boots ever. In fact this remids me of the bruises above my ankles right now, they are getting thrown out when I get home today. I think it's back to FOX for me!

I've got a pair of Fox red and white sz 11 that I don't wear anymore. They are in pretty good shape. Wore them for 5-6 years riding 2-3 times a month. Small hole in side from the kickstarting lever, but fantastic wear considering what they are. However the F3 fox aren't made anymore and it's all the comp 5. So I'm not sure how they compare.

Replaced them with the tech 7. You can find the tech 7 on sale for around $250-$299. I got mine for $250. Look around for them on sale. I'm very happy with them but they took forever to break in but now are FANTASTIC boots. Jarrod got the tech 8's for several hundred more and they are practically the same boot just without the bootie. Worth every single penny even if paying full retail of $350.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Just go try them on!!! I had a pair of Tech 7s that I thought were great. The more I wore them the more I hated them - rubbed me raw just above the left ankle on every ride. They are an awesome boot if they fit your foot! I ditched them and bought a set of RMMC's Arc240 - fully hinged and replaceable soles for $185. I thought they were a cheap alternative that I might as well try. They have been fantastic and I would gladly buy another set but they don't carry them any more... I hope they last a long while still. Everyone's foot is different - what fits for you may be torture for nelsoncc.

these don't look like a bad boot - if they fit your foot?

http://www.thebellstore.com/Boots/Ox...Pro_Boots.html

Wow thanks for the info guys and that Oxtar TCX looks like a smoke-n deal to me.
    I've heard that fox funs small to size, Is Alpinstar true to size?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    Wow thanks for the info guys and that Oxtar TCX looks like a smoke-n deal to me.
    I've heard that fox funs small to size, Is Alpinstar true to size?
    Yes. I've had two pair and they both were true to size.

I spent a small chunk on bullet proof radiator guards and a new Leait h-4 pack so in the long run I just pulled the trigger on the Fox comp 5's.
    I'm sure they will be a big improvement for me compared to those worn out Thor atv boots I used to wear.

Santa came early and I can finally ditch them ugg-but ugly Thor ATV boots I.ve been riding trying to ride in for the las two bikes.Name:  IMG_1959.JPG
Views: 863
Size:  110.2 KB

Name:  IMG_1960.JPG
Views: 949
Size:  93.5 KB

Fox Comp 5

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    Santa came early and I can finally ditch them ugg-but ugly Thor ATV boots I.ve been riding trying to ride in for the las two bikes.Name:  IMG_1959.JPG
Views: 863
Size:  110.2 KB

Name:  IMG_1960.JPG
Views: 949
Size:  93.5 KB

Fox Comp 5
    Ahhh, the good ol days. Sitting around sewing and admiring my new boots. Lol!!

Yeh had some repairs to do from my Green River trip.
    Seems I had a choice between saving my tent and sleeping gear or the ez up sun shade.
    She did not fare weel with 70 mph winds and hail
    But I did sleep warm and dry that night.

But with some wittleed wood and some screws and some stitching shes better than the 100 bucks I spent at the last minute at wally world and all is good to go now I hope LMAO

@ Garbo Dude if you are ever in need of Sun Shades (custom work) over your play grounds
    Give me a chance to give you a bid
    I can handle para bolic work if you go by way of cables.
    My math tells me I am glad for the cheat sheets.

With the right cost I can triple your comp. life span but it don't come cheap!

I mark this as nothing but spam and opp.

Let me know how you like those boots. Those are the ones I was looking at getting. Right now I just ride with some heavy duty Timberline work boots. I'm sure new boots would make me much faster. ....:sly:

Sent from my SPH-L900