Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need any info on boots

Ski Boots will make me faster than my old ones.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sew me up some sweet fox boots !

Sorry wrong machine
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

Need any info on boots

I splurged this last year and bought the sidi crossfire boots (I got them $100 off and they were still a small fortune). Absolutely love them. The soles and outer hardware are replaceable, totally better than my $25.00 used oneil boots :)

Re: Need any info on boots

I've been doing alot of research in hopes of upgrading from my Tech 8's. I really like the looks of the Sidi Crossfire. Everything I've read leads me to believe that Gaerne makes the most comfortable boot with almost no break in period. Tough choice. I don't think it will be Alpinestars next time. Good boot, but overpriced IMHO.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

I've owned Thor, Fox and Alpinestar. By far my choice is the Alpine's. They break it faster and didn't leave my shins in pain. The soles are a little soft and wear out quicker but they seemed to fit me much better.

Quote Originally Posted by 2065toyota View Post
    I've owned Thor, Fox and Alpinestar. By far my choice is the Alpine's. They break it faster and didn't leave my shins in pain. The soles are a little soft and wear out quicker but they seemed to fit me much better.
    That being said, I really like the Tech 3's as far as price goes. I just don't think my 8's are any better than the 3's. They are both comfortable though. I don't like the backward buckle in top. I tear then off regularly. Rider error I'm sure.

A word to the wise: If you buy white boots and live in the red sand areas you are every bit as dumb or crazy as me.

Red sand and white anything is a bad combo to keep clean trust me.

So how are the new boots other than the color?

Sent from my SPH-L900

The are very light and flex very nice. The fit is ok and seem to break in well so far.
    They do float in water. Don't ask me how I found this one out.
    THe buckles are very narrow and I'm not sure I like that but when buckled right and locked down these boots rock.

They take a bit of getting used to as I have never owned anything this nice.
    Worth every penny of the 169 smacks I paid for them and I am happy.
    Hope this helps.

Sure does, I those will be my first pair of real boots that I have owned. Right now I ride with an old pair of work boots.

Sent from my SPH-L900

I started with a pair of Thor ATV boots just to get some ATGAT thing going on (ALL THE GEAR ALL THE TIME) They gave me two good years and at my experience I could not tell the pros or cons
    I do wish I had got these new ones in black however. I can't help but think everytime I put them on about star wars and the troopers in all white.

Way to friggin stylish for my ass.

Boots IMO are one thing that will make you go faster.

The added ankle support for hitting the whoops and the ability to use them for turning. After riding with them, it feels naked to not use them. Besides a helmet its the most important piece of riding gear to keep from getting hurt

I'd say if you want good protection skip these boots.
    But if you want a boot that will allow you to do what you want while ridding then by all means get this boot if that makes any sence at all.
    It has great movement but at a cost of protection is my gut feeling thus far.It would be real easy to twist an ankle but you will not skin yourself in the process.
    But you can point your toes in the right direction in turns rather than heel digging in to snap your ankle or worse your knee and all involved in your knee.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSpecialized View Post
    Sure does, I those will be my first pair of real boots that I have owned. Right now I ride with an old pair of work boots.

Sent from my SPH-L900
    Ditch the work boots. If cash is an issue, Get on KSL. That's where I picked up my Tech8's for 200 bucks. A new pair of ARC boots for 90 bucks are better than any work boot. Just hate to see you hurt! Believe me, I've twisted, bent, smashed, you name it. I can't believe I haven't broke an anke or toes. They are a must!

Personally if you'r a woods or tech type rider I'd stay clear of this boot.
    Now if your a mx'r on controlled soft shit well then this is a great boot.

I would not like to get my foot between a rock,stump or? And my foot peg with this one.

Hell I got a pair size ten I'll give you just to get an idea of how cheap boots feel.
    Or maybe just give them a try so that when you purchase it may help a little.
    They have been a great boot and allthough the toe clips are missing on both they have outlasted may of the more expensive Alpines and the crappy buckles they loose when you fall Like I do. RIght Garbo?

I'm sure these fox boots will handle all whoops and the big 165' table top jumps just fine.
    But if you get twisted up under your ride in a big way they would suck ass.

No one tool will do it all.
    And you get what you pay for for the most part..............

Any riding boot is better than work boots! That doesn't mean the cheaper boots are as good as the more expensive ones. A crappy riding boot will still protect your shins, ankles and toes. They might not be comfortable or flex very well, but wear anything but a work boot. Please. With love, Mark. :p