Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Moab Bogley Winterfest?

we are in, reservations made...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Ditto. Reservations done. BW location looks sweet and the price was great. King suite? Yeah, we're worth it.

Will have a cold beer for you, Shane!

So I fell asleep watching TV and missed the groupon. I keep trying to make friends with procrastination but so far it hasn't been working out. However, the Bighorn Lodge has rooms for $59 for anybody that missed it. I have stayed there a few times. It's a little older, but it has always been clean and is located in the middle of town

Aarchway Inn is also running a special for $59 a night for that time period. Bighorn isn't bad (I've stayed there several times), but Aarchway is much nicer (plus has a full breakfast buffet) and probably the nicest hotel I've stayed in Moab to date (I haven't stayed in this Best Western-Feb will be my first time).
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Not sure if the Roadway is open, but, its ok too.

We'll be there three nights starting on thursday...and...will probably climb at least part of one or more days.

will probably climb at least part of one or more days.
    If you ever need a fat belay person who can only climb 5.8, let me know. Will bring cookies.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    If you ever need a fat belay person who can only climb 5.8, let me know. Will bring cookies.
    Sounds like you're talkin' about me there Scott......

Name:  p1020403.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  68.1 KB
    Riverside Mountain Rescue Unit
    http://www.rmru.org/

Personal Website
    http://www.DrunkRedDragon.com/adventures.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Holden View Post
    Sounds like you're talkin' about me there Scott...
    There's a few of us might vie for that spot! Ha ha...

If its cold enough, we'll probably try to get Pleiades done as an ice route....

Haven't climbed Owl Rock in Arches in a gob of years either ('86 or so? Yikes). Off Balance Rock, Bullwinkle, Tonka...ton's of fairly easy/moderate stuff to do. I haven't done Elephant Butte either... As much as I hate it (due to its influence on the climbing management plan in Canyonlands), Potash is fairly fun and you can't beat the approach (ahem).

More importantly, we'll have to put together a spot for suppage/swillage. I hope Moab Brewery is open...(closed last time I was in Moab last winter).

I'm going down the 7th. Hopefully a few others come early also. I see Brain in SLC is but I'm not a climber, I'm looking to do a canyon on Friday.

Duane We could probably meet up on Friday to do a canyon

Sounds good. I'm staying at the Best Western. Did you get the Groupon deal also?

Shoot. This sounds fun but I'll be in Virginia all of February for work.

Yes on the Groupon deal

Figures. You guys are going on the one weekend I already have lined up for Ice Climbing with a bunch of friends. Afraid I'm going to miss the Winterfest, so hope everyone has a great time!

So Shane, what kind of hiking do you have in mind? Technical canyons, I assume?
    Will it be wet, cold, wetsuit kind of stuff?

I'd LOVE to get down there and meet a bunch of you folks and have some fun. I've been mostly "readin'" this site for some years and getting down to Utah when I can with family and a few friends.

This sounds like major fun.

Mike
    "Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies."
    Nietzsche

http://justcallmeutah.net

Re: Moab Bogley Winterfest?

I plan on doing dry or mild wading type canyons. Rock of Ages will probably be one as it's easy to take a large group through. Depends a lot on who goes, who is willing to lead, yada yada.... but Elephant Butte, Lomatium, and Granery are all high on my list. U turn and Tierdrop are dry and easy.

Sent using Tapatalk

Shane is your wife going?

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    Shane is your wife going?
    YES, when I originally envisioned this trip I thought it would make a great couples trip. My wife likes the no-camping, warm beds, hot tub, drinks at the pool, nice restaurant trips a lot more than sleeping in the dirt. In fact I booked a suite to put a smile on her face and it was only $10 more.

My wife is planning on coming as well. I don't care if we wet or dry canyons

New Mexico and I plan on doing Granary on Friday. Any one can join use. Shane what day do you plan on doing Lomatium? I would really like to do the routes through the Fiery Furnace