Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Moab Bogley Winterfest?

Well, a bunch of crap fell apart at work and it is snowing a pretty good lick here.
    Looks as if I'll have to fester with the bunch at a later date. Stay warm and have fun!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Just gettin' going but, we're planning on heading up high for ice today. Will report on conditions later tonight.

Rays in Green River still has good burgers and fries.

BW is nice, perhaps too nice for the likes of us. Bacon is thin and a tad greasy, ham is ok, eggs ok. Fresh made waffles are nice. Yogurt, toast, cereal...pretty nice breakfast.

North aspects down to town have a skiff of snow. Not deep it seems. Other aspects are clear. Not sure how that bodes for confined, shady slots.

Updated forecast:

Today Scattered snow showers, mainly before noon. Mostly sunny, with a high near 41. West northwest wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 24. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south southeast after midnight.
    Saturday A chance of rain and snow showers before 2pm, then a chance of rain showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 47. South southeast wind 10 to 15 mph becoming west northwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
    Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph after midnight.
    Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
    Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 19.

I keep receiving PM's from goups wanting to add on to the Firey Furnace at the last minute...

I'm not making any promises with regards to the Fiery Furnace routes. Those that signed up and made this happen back in November through the Groupon deal will be given first priority, that is only fair. Group size is limited in the Firey Furnace and we only have a couple of people to lead that know the routes.

How many people are in line for the Fiery Furnace, Iceaxe?

I don't have an exact count. About a week ago it looked like we would have about 18 to 20 total attending so I rounded up two people who could lead the Furnace.

In the past two days more have asked to attend. Everyone is welcome to come, just understand if you are one that is late to the party the Furnace might not be an option unless someone else steps up to help lead.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

I was hoping to do the Furnace stuff, but if there isn't room, I could do something like Elephant Butte. I have already done the Furnace canyons (but don't remember enough to lead them), so I can give someone else a chance to see them. Also there will be four of us (though I don't know if 2 or 4 would do the furnace). If space is a factor, and if all four of us want to stick together, maybe I shouldn't go as my family would be 40% of the group. I wouldn't want to be unfair to anyone. If space isn't a problem, I'd really like to go to the Furnace.

Anyway, I'll just meet everyone at 8:30 am tomorrow and go from there. There are plenty of things to do in Moab.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Shane

Are we meeting up somewhere for dinner or just breakfast in the morning at our hotel?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

I'm pretty bummed I can't make it there. I had too many arrangements made to be there for the original weekend and this one. Have fun and be careful

I'm getting greased as usual at ZACS. There proud of their pizza.

Pleiades had interesting conditions. Deep snow in the creekbed on the approach. First drop had some ice. Second was bone dry. We looked down to the third but could just see snow. Strange. That's as far as we ventured.

Nice day today! Had some flurries off and on up high, maybe an inch of new snow, but, didn't appear to be any new precip near town.

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    I'm getting greased as usual at ZACS. There proud of their pizza.
    Zax has great food and the owners are awesome. They also own the Archway Inn

I reserved the big room at the Mexican joint for 6 if we want to go there? Foyer 545?

The Moab Brewery Team had a great day in Rock of Ages.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

We had a great time yesterday. Cruised thru Lomatium and Krill. Had a good fast group. Someone left a black Columbia jacket in my truck. If its yours let me know and I'll get it to you.

Here is a video of the Saturday Rock of Ages crew.

FWIW: The canyon was dry, which made everyone happy. We skipped the stunt rappel. The pool at the bottom of Pool Arch is currently a swimmer and the deepest I have ever seen it.

Spam: Your can subscribe to my YouTube channel and get easy access to nearly 100 video's of Utah Canyons and updates when new video's are added.

Climb-Utah YouTube Channel

FWIW: I posted our Sunday adventure here:

http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?67787

It snowed a couple inches Saturday night so a group of us visited some rock art on Sunday.

Did the other crew make it to the top of Elephant Butte in the snow?

I attempted to do it. We got to the first crack and it was covered with snow and ice. I decide it wasn't worth the risk and turn around.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2