Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Moab Bogley Winterfest?

Shane are you now suggesting the 1st weekend of March? Say March 1,2 &3?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Moab Bogley Winterfest?

Quote Originally Posted by DougInGJCO View Post
    Shane are you now suggesting the 1st weekend of March? Say March 1,2 &3?
    My rooms are booked for February 22 and 23, checking out the 24th.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

So, what is everyone interested in? I am most interested in doing Elephant Butte or any of the Fiery Furnace stuff.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

I'll probably do Rock of Ages Saturday as it is one of the few routes my kids haven't done and I have no video of the route. It's a route that also allows for a large group so anyone can join the fun.

Sunday I am pretty open....

Rock of Ages has that little spot where the canyon narrows for about 20 feet, and there is always water there. Are you just assuming it to be frozen or are you dry-suiting it?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Silly pony.... I'm just planning on wading through the water without a wetsuit... same as we always do...

Shane, how long does Rock of Ages take (guess-timate of course)?

I'd be psyched for Elephant Butte too, and, Owl Rock is nearby (haven't climbed it since '86). Plenty o' fun!

I think we'll probably try to do Pleiades on Friday. Anyone know conditions, ie, is the middle got ice or is it a rock climb? Depending on motivation and how fast we are, possible we'd hit either Wall Street or the Ice Cream Parlor later in the day. Maybe. Ha ha.

My partner is more of a climber but interested in a day of canyoning. If you had to pick one, given the season, which?

Moab Brewery which night? Saturday? Someone should run trap on a number of folks and maybe we can nail down a table?

Im interested in Fiery Furnace

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

ROA - 5 hours
    Elephant - 4 hours
    Lomatium - 5 hours (limited group size)

Depends who else knows which routes.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Lomatium - 5 hours (limited group size)
    This is the one I'd be most interested in, but I don't think I could remember the access route. It's been 10 years since I last did it. Is anyone who knows the route interested?

Elephant Butte wouldn't be a problem for me to lead.

PS, I'd be interested in climbing Owl Rock.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

I'm game for Fiery Furnace

Weather is looking "ok" for the weekend...

Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41.
    Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.
    Saturday A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41.
    Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.
    Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
    Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.

We'll probably get to Moab on Thursday night post 8pm or so. Might stop at Ray's in GR for burger action enroute...

So what time and where is everyone meeting Saturday morning? The time is getting close.

I'm trying to make it down. Have to find someone to coach a BBall game Sat. How many are going? I can lead a group thru the furnace if some are interested. Does anyone know if there is snow in the furnace?

Update to forecast...looks like the temp's have popped up a bit:

Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42. West wind 5 to 10 mph. Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
    Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 47.
    Saturday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.
    Sunday A slight chance of snow. Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.

A friend and I will be there from Thursday night on. We should be fairly self contained but could be willing to add onto a group too. I'll have a gob of ropes...

We'll be at the BW (groupon dealio).

We'll be down Saturday and Sunday and staying at the Canyonlands Bestwestern. I'd suggest we meet in the BW parking lot Saturday morning at 8:30 a.m. I'll be easy to find as I'll be sorting gear on the tailgate of a white Toyota Tacoma.

With the exception of ropes, the Moab routes all take about the same gear and time commitment (4 to 5 hours). The one exception would be Granary Canyon which is a full day.

If someone was going to lead Granary (I'm not), they would need to met earlier and plan the trip out beforehand.

We plan to stop for dinner at Grogg's on the way down Friday afternoon (6:00 ish). Friday night we will probably be at the pool or the bar.

If someone else is going that can lead some of the Firey Furnace routes please PM me so we can try and work something out that allows everyone interested to visit the place (conditions permitting). I'm pretty open as to what I do.

Everyone should met ready to roll with the exception of ropes. If you have ropes bring them as some of the rioutes (Lomatium) require lots of rope.

Hmm... these pages are live Moab cam feeds

http://moablive.com/webcam.asp

http://us.webcams.travel/webcam/1233...-the-Sky)-Moab

If the snow is bad we might be more interested in rockart and ruins. I do know some great stuff in the area with the same type of time commitments.

I don't think those are live? They have been the same for a month.

20. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post

Golf course said there is a bit of snow in the shade. They have been open for a few weeks.